Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2011, 08:21 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Republicans try to overturn clean air act

Report: House panel attempting to block EPA from regulating tailpipe emissions — Autoblog

Republicans at it again, now trying to overturn the clean air act in order to save automakers money....

In business terms this is called "externalizing costs", who pays for dirty air or low fuel efficiency? the citizens due with their health and at the pumps, respectively. Are the automakers gonna chip in for the health costs associated with having a dirty,inefficient product, of course not. This is just another attempt to take more money (as well as health) away from the average citizen. notice they list overall costs for the industry instead of costs per car so you don't realize how small the costs really are, pretty common and very misleading method to list costs, but standard fair for republicans sadly.

If anything these more stringent fuel efficiency and emissions regulations will be good for the auto industry. Until recently we could hardly sell any of our cars in much of Europe because of our pathetic fuel efficiency, most developed nations have similar or stricter fuel efficiency or emissions standards so the automakers will either have to stay in the U.S. or develop newer technologies so the only real costs that should be considered are the actual parts per car. we have already seen some pretty significant jumps in fuel efficiency without hurting performance.

Republicans always say they want us to have oil independence, even if we drilled everything we had we couldn't come anywhere close to independence, this will reduce our demand overall a little bit and help some to lower oil prices. so yes, let's kill a bill that improves our health because it raises the cost of the car a little bit even if it makes that money back and then considerably more over it's life by saving money at the pump, GENIUS!!.

It's sad to see republicans so determined to turn us into a third world country environment wise.

Old 03-15-2011, 06:07 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

People are so concerned about our gun rights, as if it is life eternal....... then could care less about air or water pollution. People in this country are so ignorant, and this republican ploy is a bright and shining example of this! Personally, You can't drink or breathe guns. It really makes me laugh!

Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 PM  

Detroit, michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
People are so concerned about our gun rights, as if it is life eternal....... Personally, You can't drink or breathe guns. It really makes me laugh!
I'd love to be able to share in that laugh but it is all just too real.
We are watching our country being stolen from us, right under our noses.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheucus View Post
I'd love to be able to share in that laugh but it is all just too real.
We are watching our country being stolen from us, right under our noses.
If people devoted 2% of the time they spend on American Idol they could become informed voters. I think it's criminal to put profits over basic needs for life. These aren't factors we can reverse or fix down the road.
Wear all the flag pins you want but any sane person can see their allegiance is really to.....
Republicans try to overturn clean air act-dollar-sign.jpg 

Old 03-21-2011, 04:42 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Wow, the ignorance that abounds here.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
Wow, the ignorance that abounds here.
??? nothing to back it up? afraid we will discredit any "point" you have trying to say we are wrong?

why not post any argument?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:16 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
??? nothing to back it up? afraid we will discredit any "point" you have trying to say we are wrong?

why not post any argument?
So who's this 'we' you speak of? What a hoot!

EPA Set to Move Toward Carbon-Dioxide Regulation - WSJ.com

You can start here.

I have more to add but really don't feel like wasting my time.

To the article- Do you have an understanding of the cafe standards? How they are used? The need for a national standard? The costs that are added to EVERY vehicle in the country for Cali's standards? Fines paid and the racket envolved?

Read my link and you'll see this is not about cafe standard per se but a much larger problem.

This 'we'?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:22 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
BTW, Carbon Dioxide is what all humans and animals exhale. And what all plant life MUST have to survive.

Now declared a pollutant by your illustrious EPA.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:01 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Old 03-21-2011, 08:03 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads