Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2011, 08:10 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
BTW, Carbon Dioxide is what all humans and animals exhale. And what all plant life MUST have to survive.

Now declared a pollutant by your illustrious EPA.
Quote:
Since the Industrial Revolution in the 1700?s, human activities, such as the burning of oil, coal and gas, and deforestation, have increased CO2 concentrations in the atmosphere. In 2005, global atmospheric concentrations of CO2 were 35% higher than they were before the Industrial Revolution. For more information on CO2 trends in the atmosphere, visit the page on Atmosphere Changes.
Carbon Dioxide | Climate Change - Greenhouse Gas Emissions | U.S. EPA

E.U. Plan to Curb Carbon Dioxide Would Favor Solar Power

Quote:
By JAMES KANTER
Published: October 6, 2009
BRUSSELS ? The European Commission is expected to introduce a plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that directs the largest slices of ?50 billion available for research and development to solar power and capturing and burying emissions from coal plants.
HTML Code:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/07/business/energy-environment/07energy.html?_r=1

Old 03-21-2011, 08:14 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Republicans in Congress have tried to slow the EPA from acting on toxic pollutants and on greenhouse gases, saying that the rules would hurt the economy.

Quote:
Coal-fired plants generate nearly 50 percent of U.S. electricity while nuclear and natural gas generate about 20 percent each.
EPA proposes air rules that may hit coal-fired power | Reuters

This should make you Lefties happy......those nasty repubs.....huh?

Well chew on this a while.............YOU WILL PAY AND PAY AND PAY. Till there is nothing left for you to pay with. Lefties live and die by their ideology...... those on the 'thinking' right are trying to survive and protect what's left of our economy.

Some you 'we' folks won't get it till it's too late, yep too late for YOU too.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:18 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Carbon Dioxide | Climate Change - Greenhouse Gas Emissions | U.S. EPA

E.U. Plan to Curb Carbon Dioxide Would Favor Solar Power

HTML Code:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/07/business/energy-environment/07energy.html?_r=1
Keep dreaming.......never happen.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:59 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
have some tea.
Republicans try to overturn clean air act-madhatter.jpg 

Old 03-22-2011, 06:40 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Don't let facts stand in your way.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:28 AM  

Detroit, michigan
Quote:
BTW, Carbon Dioxide is what all humans and animals exhale. And what all plant life MUST have to survive.

Now declared a pollutant by your illustrious EPA.
Hey Jacko, Melatonin occurs naturally in the body also.
Why don't you try dumping 35 times the dose in yourself.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 AM  

Detroit, michigan
This how DUMB repugnantcans are.
If any of you conservatives would like to take a trip to Japan with Man Coulter, I'll pay for the tickets myself

Radiation Poisoning Ann Coulter on FoxTV: Radiation is Good For You
Old 03-22-2011, 10:22 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
It's pretty easy to understand why tile, granite, and kitty litter are radioactive. They contain low levels of minerals that naturally decay. Bananas are radioactive for a similar reason. The fruit contains high levels of potassium. Radioactive K-40 has an isotopic abundance of 0.01% and a half-life of 1.25 billion years. The average banana contains around 450 mg of potassium and will experience about 14 decays each second. It's no big deal. You already have potassium in your body, 0.01% as K-40. You are fine. Your body can handle low levels of radioactivity. The element is essential for proper nutrition. If you have a banana in your car for your lunch you aren't going to set off a Geiger counter. If you carry a produce truck full of them, you might encounter some problems. Ditto for a truck of potatoes or potassium fertilizer.

Bananas Are Radioactive

I'm smarter than you.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:21 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I'm smarter than you.
how nice for you.
Republicans try to overturn clean air act-mensa2.jpg 

Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
So who's this 'we' you speak of? What a hoot!

EPA Set to Move Toward Carbon-Dioxide Regulation - WSJ.com

You can start here.

I have more to add but really don't feel like wasting my time.

To the article- Do you have an understanding of the cafe standards? How they are used? The need for a national standard? The costs that are added to EVERY vehicle in the country for Cali's standards? Fines paid and the racket envolved?

Read my link and you'll see this is not about cafe standard per se but a much larger problem.

This 'we'?
ok, so business claim any regulation will kill the industry, nothing new here, it's just industry speak for we don't want to keep up with the rest of the world emissions wise as we would rather have larger bonuses....

amazing how "republicans/tea partiers" are all for state's rights until it a state enacts legislation that costs businesses money, then it should be handled by the federal government.... so it's more effective to lobby and harder to get any regulations passed....

you do realize we have but 1 earth and we cannot continue on our path of pollution with an ever growing population, we either need to reduce pollution/use fewer resources or cull some of the population, and except for the republicans stance on healthcare I haven't seen them propose that.

what good is some ceo's making tons of money if we have no decent place to live? beyond that ignoring all the other ridiculous arguments any investment in more efficient energy sources reduce our expenses overall as a nation, if we spend less on fuel we have more elsewhere.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads