Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2016, 11:26 AM  
Traveler

Republicans wanting to return to the dark ages.

Watched the debates last night. Can you believe that the three top candidates were actually talking about bringing back the "pre existing condition" clause to the healthcare system? Wow, I thought these people were human. I have to laugh....... Trump spoke of repealing Obama care and in his own words "replacing it with something better"!!!!!! Sure... trump May be "better" for the insurance vultures! If these guys win, gawd help the working middle class!

Old 02-26-2016, 05:07 PM  

Are you sure? This quote is from the Anderson Cooper show.The debate transcript is online too. I didn't see the debate, no CNN here.
Quote:
Amid the bickering, however, Trump said he would throw out Obamacare but keep requirements that insurers cover pre-existing conditions.

Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 PM  
Traveler

Here's another saying I like. "I reserve the right to be wrong". The first portion of the debate I kind of missed because I was feeding our 5 dogs. I obviously misunderstood. My apologies and I'm also much relieved having myself been labeled as not quite perfect. That's good to hear, because I really do like what Trump has to say, this coming from a liberal.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:18 PM  

I was relieved too. His words said one thing but he was addressing the clause I think, I hope.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:23 PM  
Traveler

Easy to understand or should I say get confused. That insurance stuff scares me, because medical issues can sink your household quicker than anything.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:05 PM  
American

The Government screwed up our healthcare system and they can not fix it. They could get the hell out of the way. Every so called fix I hear about raises costs then tries to subsidize them. What needs to happen is to let capitalism work like it is suppose too.....like it can and will if allowed.

I don't want to go back to the stone age.....1960 would do. You could go see your affordable family doctor and you didn't have to use insurance for every freaking cold that came along. I blame a lot of this on greedy people as much as bad government.

I see governments only roll in healthcare as making sure it is kept honest ....the last thing that seems to matter.

Frivolous lawsuits, over regulation and insurance manipulation has driven many of the kind of people who would practice medicine as a means of helping and serving humankind away from the practice in droves.

It is the costs of treatment and medicine not the insurance that should be the focus of change.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:39 PM  

Plus if the government keeps spending it's all going to crash. The rich don't earn enough to bale us out. In 2012 the income of all earning over a million per year totaled only some $616 billion about a third of the deficit for that year. There's no cure for stupid it seems.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:56 PM  
Traveler

Agh those rich people got more money than that. Bernie could get it out of them! Got to somehow start eliminating senior citizens or people of age if pc is your thing. Offer them a free trip to Florida but fly them to North Korea and forget about them, or do a Jonestown scenerio. That would help save the healthcare system and....... the government budget. Of course I'm funning now, you realize.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:56 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
The Government screwed up our healthcare system and they can not fix it. They could get the hell out of the way. Every so called fix I hear about raises costs then tries to subsidize them. What needs to happen is to let capitalism work like it is suppose too.....like it can and will if allowed.

I don't want to go back to the stone age.....1960 would do. You could go see your affordable family doctor and you didn't have to use insurance for every freaking cold that came along. I blame a lot of this on greedy people as much as bad government.

I see governments only roll in healthcare as making sure it is kept honest ....the last thing that seems to matter.

Frivolous lawsuits, over regulation and insurance manipulation has driven many of the kind of people who would practice medicine as a means of helping and serving humankind away from the practice in droves.

It is the costs of treatment and medicine not the insurance that should be the focus of change.
Lots of things contribute to the high costs of medical no doubt but my gosh, I think the free enterprise theme scares me a bit more than the government when it comes to healthcare anyways. There was a time, and it's still going on to a certain degree, the insurance companies could deny coverage, jack your rates up or even just drop you all together. I think that if you're going to have private interests in the healthcare line up, that is the medical administratives at hospitals, and ceo's of the insurance companies calling the shots, then you surely need some government oversight or at least an unfettered pathway to legal representation, that is reasonably quick and affordable.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:52 PM  

It sounds good but government oversight at present is contributing to rising healthcare costs and less treatment. The government has a greater appetite for ruling than it does serving, those in charge are far from knowing a patient's needs and the agencies in charge have too much overhead and career goals so they keep growing with every regulation that's added.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads