Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-27-2011, 02:25 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America

Bill Burton: Rick Perry 'dangerous,' potentially 'devastating' for America - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Burton riffs on Perry's first few weeks on the campaign trail, as well as other episodes from the Texan's recent political history, to call his candidacy a "powerful statement on how far mainstream Republican ideology has strayed from mainstream Americans":

Rick Perry thinks that Medicare and Social Security are unconstitutional ? he wrote it in his book. When the health care debate was heating up, he raised the specter of secession. And when asked about the chairman of the Federal Reserve, he used the word "treasonous."

While fair-minded Americans may view these moments as dangerous flashes illustrating the kind of man Rick Perry is, a plurality of Republican primary voters view him as their choice to be the nominee. ?

For Rick Perry, the way he matches up with these voters has proven to be at least a short-term political bonanza for him ? but in the long-term, his ideology could have devastating consequences for our country. Especially the middle class.

Perry?s view that Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional is ? to him ? a very real justification for the House Republican plan that would essentially end Medicare. ? Perry?s threat that Texas may secede from the union was popular among Texas Republicans and conservatives. 51% of Texas Republicans approved of his comments. His statement is consistent with the Tea Party's broad hatred of the federal government.

Perry?s very loose and dangerous use of the term "treason" is something that brought him criticism from many corners ? just not Republican primary voters.

Voters who are disturbed by ending Medicare, what it means when a major governor threatens secession in the 21st century, and what it means for a major national figure to throw around terms like "treason" should be just as worried about this Republican Party as they are about Texas Governor Rick Perry.
Perry brags about his record on jobs but the ones created have no benefits and pay little.
Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-perryhair2.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-perry-hair1.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-screen-shot-.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-kinkychiapet.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-heads-blogspan.jpg 

Old 08-27-2011, 03:57 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
after the roaring success of our last christian republican governor from texas how could we possibly not want another go around?

Old 08-27-2011, 04:15 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
after the roaring success of our last christian republican governor from texas how could we possibly not want another go around?
Even the Bush's dislike him. A PBS panel discussed him and the general consensus was he'd implode by the 2nd debate.

Have you read Santorum's defense of Creationism as not being anti-science? What a crock......
Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-da-vinci-poster-36.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-darwin-theory-bible-monkey.jpg 

Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-stacey-.-ow-.-photo.jpg 

Old 08-27-2011, 07:04 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
relevant political cartoon......
Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-7674.jpg 

Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
relevant political cartoon......

Absolutely relevant and on the money. Sometimes I think of you in TN and my friend Stan in KY and wonder why people with pitch forks haven't come for you yet.

I don't need a Religion section to know I'm on this earth to protect the helpless, feed the hungry and in small ways just help those in need. A couple weeks back during a month where I tried to save every penny I left a Walmart grocery doing numbers in my head. At the entrance was a panhandler who looked very in need. I stopped to give him $5. No biggie until I realized that my simple act regained my objectivity. I'd lost myself in the confusion of what's really important and what's just "stuff".

It's depressing to watch those so fast to push religion on us live lives diametrically opposite of their religious teachings. we're here for an instant and dead for Eternity so it might be nice to try kindness while we have that chance.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:05 AM  

I won't even comment, I'll leave it to Hillary;
Quote:
I am the granddaughter of a factory worker. I grew up in the Midwest. Born in Chicago, raised outside of that great city. I was raised with Midwestern values and an unshakeable faith America and its promise.

Now, like some of you may have been, I was taken aback by the demeaning remarks Senator Obama made about people in small town America. Senator Obama?s remarks are elitist and they are out of touch. They are not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans. Certainly not the Americans that I know ? not the Americans I grew up with, not the Americans I lived with in Arkansas or represent in New York.

You know, Americans who believe in the Second Amendment believe it?s a matter of Constitutional rights. Americans who believe in God believe it is a matter of personal faith. Americans who believe in protecting good American jobs believe it is a matter of the American Dream.

When my dad grew up it was in a working class family in Scranton. I grew up in a church-going family, a family that believed in the importance of living out and expressing our faith.

The people of faith I know don?t ?cling to? religion because they?re bitter.

People embrace faith not because they are materially poor, but because they are spiritually rich. Our faith is the faith of our parents and our grandparents. It is a fundamental expression of who we are and what we believe.

I also disagree with Senator Obama?s assertion that people in this country ?cling to guns? and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration. People of all walks of life hunt ? and they enjoy doing so because it?s an important part of their life, not because they are bitter
Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I also disagree with Senator Obama?s assertion that people in this country ?cling to guns? and have certain attitudes about immigration or trade simply out of frustration. People of all walks of life hunt
I grew up with hunters all around me and "hunters" are not the problem. A nut can buy a gun almost as easily as anyone else. Hunters don't end up doing perp walks for their behavior either.
I want guns in the hands of the normal sane folks, not the nutters shooting ATF agents off the roof.
Rick Perry ' potentially 'devastating' for America-barrettsquirrel.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!