Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM  
American

Two women are behind legalized abortion in America: now both of them want it reversed.
WASHINGTON, D.C., January 17, 2013, (LifeSiteNews.com) – In the debate over abortion in the United States, two women’s names appear more frequently than any others: Jane Roe and Mary Doe, the plaintiffs in the companion 1973 Supreme Court cases that legalized abortion in the country.

As the 40th anniversary of those two cases - Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton - approaches later this month, news media is already filling up with retrospectives from leaders on both sides of the issue about the past 40 years and the state of the abortion debate.

In the midst of this flurry of media coverage a woman named Sandro Cano has quietly issued a media release on a Christian newswire service calling for the two Supreme Court cases to be overturned. This in itself might seem unremarkable, until you learn Cano’s other name: Mary Doe.
More on this story.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
So two months after you may feel the child move abortion is deemed no longer a viable option?

That's just sick.
less than 1.3% of all abortions are conducted after 21 weeks. 92% of all abortions are conducted before the 13th week, and most of those are done prior to the 8th week.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM  

Maybe the libs could start a baby police, finding and killing only unwanted babies before they are mistreated.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:57 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Maybe the libs could start a baby police, finding and killing only unwanted babies before they are mistreated.
One of the places where the free market works just fine, and you want to foul it up with government regulation. Interesting.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
One of the places where the free market works just fine, and you want to foul it up with government regulation. Interesting.
Just offering a way to kill the few that might be abused and let the majority live. Maybe the food police or the first lady could pick it up rather than start a new bureaucracy.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:17 AM  

The late Bob Casey (former governor of Pennsylvania) said, ?In the long term, our cultural unease with abortion, this refusal to drop the subject, is our most hopeful sign of health. Other countries, sadly, have more or less learned to live with it; they don?t see it as anything to get worked up about. But not here. This thing?this horrible thing, so contrary to our ideals, our inclusiveness, our kindness, our love for one another?has been grafted into American society. But it is not a functioning organ . . . It won?t take. It won?t heal. The body rejects it.?

Thinking about this, I ask which would I prefer as a next door neighbor to invite over for back yard barbeques and talk over the fence with. The abortion doctor (if the term doctor even applies) or the doctor who performs in-utero surgery? The answer is clear, the abortion doctor?s work is never shown on TV or in the news while the in-uteral doctor?s work is lauded. There is hope because we don't want evil in our back yards.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
less than 1.3% of all abortions are conducted after 21 weeks. 92% of all abortions are conducted before the 13th week, and most of those are done prior to the 8th week.
Okay, here is a picture of an 8 week old fetus (or "embryo"):

9 weeks:

the feet of one 10 weeks old:

So, is this the "glob of goo" I have been hearing about?

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Great discussion, guys. I just enjoy hearing the arguments from both sides. Even though the past few years have seen greater divisiveness in America than we've seen in recent history, I'd still rather be here in America fighting tooth and nail over these issues than be somewhere where there's one absolute rule.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-25-2013, 06:35 PM  

Kent, Ohio
I love it.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...s-the-internet
Old 01-26-2013, 09:03 AM  

After work I have heard dentists discuss difficult extractions, I wonder what abortionists discuss? How do their kids respond when asked, "what does your dad do?", then again maybe they don't have kids.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads