Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2013, 02:41 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
At conception the 23 chromosomes of the sperm are combined with the 23 chromosomes of the egg to form a life with the 46 chromosomes of a human being (refer back to page 3 for weekly reports of development). The baby's DNA is unique to a new human being, familial yes but unique. The baby has a blood type usually different from its mom and its circulatory system is separate from its mom. It will live until it dies a natural death if not killed. And yes the media is one sided on the issue just as it is on gun control.
The position of advocates for so-called "Personhood" legislation, where it's illegal to save the life of an actual human being because doing so would cause the "death" of something that will never be born.

The line I drew has no such moral qualms. The viability standard neatly eliminates the moral and legal issues with aborting a pregnancy to save a life. All that are left are the emotional issues to contend with, and emotions are the purview of patient and family, where they should be.

So, if you want your wife or daughter to die rather than survive by causing an inviable fetus to die sooner rather than later; if you want her to risk her own life for a clump of cells you're free to pressure her into doing that. But you have no authority to make that decision for my daughters or my wife, nor should you.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:01 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I think the decision should be left to the women and only the women.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
The position of advocates for so-called "Personhood" legislation, where it's illegal to save the life of an actual human being because doing so would cause the "death" of something that will never be born.

The line I drew has no such moral qualms. The viability standard neatly eliminates the moral and legal issues with aborting a pregnancy to save a life. All that are left are the emotional issues to contend with, and emotions are the purview of patient and family, where they should be.

So, if you want your wife or daughter to die rather than survive by causing an inviable fetus to die sooner rather than later; if you want her to risk her own life for a clump of cells you're free to pressure her into doing that. But you have no authority to make that decision for my daughters or my wife, nor should you.
Your completely dishonest to use that scenario as the bases for why abortion takes place when the overwhelmingly actual cases of abortions are of conveyance. You take the one time a case can be made for abortion and completely ignore that most abortions take the place of personal responsibility. It's a worn out trick and were all on to it.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:28 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Your completely dishonest to use that scenario as the bases for why abortion takes place when the overwhelmingly actual cases of abortions are of conveyance. You take the one time a case can be made for abortion and completely ignore that most abortions take the place of personal responsibility. It's a worn out trick and were all on to it.
Ok, then what authority do you have to tell my wife or daughters to endure a pregnancy?
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM  
American

I don't they did when they got pregnant. Tell em to use birth control or better yet get fixed if they don't want to shoulder the responsibility of their actions. You act like they didn't have anything to do with it. Typical for liberals. Grow a pair and face facts.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:59 PM  

I'm gunna sit this one out. Ding-ding....Round two!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:59 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
I don't they did when they got pregnant. Tell em to use birth control or better yet get fixed if they don't want to shoulder the responsibility of their actions. You act like they didn't have anything to do with it. Typical for liberals. Grow a pair and face facts.
Ok, let's try this a different way. What right do I have to tell your mother what she can and can't do with her own uterus? Explain to me why I - and every other man in the country - should have any authority over her baby-maker.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM  
American

Lets try it this way. Their is more at stake them my mothers uterus....there is me my sister and my brother...once my mother was prego with any one of us...we did not want to be murdered....Thanks mom....

It is not just about the pregnant woman after the child is conceived...then there are two lives at stake. Thus is so simple ,,,obvious and real that to deny it is unbelievable utter nonsense. Why do you lie to yourself so? You and those who say this BS are not fooling any one who can think cogently.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 AM  

Greenville, SC
I have a quick story.... when I was about 17 or 18 years old there was this girl that I was friends with who got pregnant. She wasn't a particularly responsible girl but we were kids. She was considering abortion but I talked to her at length about it, and other options.(by the way, when she was 13 or 14 she had gotten an abortion)..... She finally decided not to get an abortion (this time) but instead to have the child adopted. She had (through some organization) found a couple out of Florida I think that wanted to adopt her unborn baby. They paid all her medical expenses and I spent alot of time with her during the pregnancy. Well that being said, there is some 15 year old kid from Florida running around that almost was killed. So while while some are defending the killing unborn babies, often the same people are trying to ban guns largely because of teenagers that are killing each other in the hood**. (**A majority of the so called "children" that are dying due to gun violence are between the ages of 15-19 and are homicides... I am filling in the blanks that it is largely gang violence. Others can disagree if they would like..) There are scriptures that talk about this kind of stuff...

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

I fear that is where this country is going.... It is quite apparent in many debates.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 02-04-2013, 05:58 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I fear that is where this country is going.... It is quite apparent in many debates.
I'm quite optimistic about where this country is going. What I fear is the slow rate at which we're getting there. It's very true that religion has played a vital role in humanity's development. Without religion, for example, Columbus wouldn't have landed in the new world.

He would have landed on the moon.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.