Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Most commonly, it's due to failed birth control. The most common person seeking an abortion is a married woman in her late 20's with at least one kid already.
I think you are mistaken. It appears (on a pro abortion site) that the most common are teens and early 20s in metropolitan areas. Most unmarried. Pretty much fits what I would suspect.

The site does say half of abortions are a result of "failed" birth control.. But it appears that if a couple forgets to use it then they count that as "failing"... That is moronic.

http://www.prochoice.org/about_abort...women_who.html

Quote:
Women between the ages of 15 and 19 account for about 19% of all abortions; women 20 to 24 account for another 33%; and about 25% of abortions are obtained by women who are 30 or older.4 Calculating abortion rates, older teenagers and young adults have the highest abortion rates, while women younger than 15 and older than 35 have the lowest.4

Education, Residence, and Income

Of the women obtaining abortions in 2000:

•57% had some college education;
88% were from metropolitan areas; and
•57% percent were low-income.4
Marital Status

Most women getting abortions (83%) are unmarried; 67% have never married, and 16% are separated, divorced, or widowed.4 Married women are significantly less likely than unmarried women to resolve unintended pregnancies through abortion.6

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 PM  

Kent, Ohio
For those of you who have been focused on the "personhood" position that life begins at conception, what about identical twins? Fertilization can take 5 or more days to occur, and the zygote may not divide for three weeks or longer after sexual intercourse. Prior to this time, there is only one zygote. Under personhood, there is only one person. When does the second "person" come into existence?

This question, along with all of the other moral problems of the personhood amendments, is neatly resolved with the viability standard.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM  
American

There are no problems...no questions...none. If you have to kill it so it isn't alive anymore you killed it. Period. All that other stuff is double talk BS.
How a rational thinking human can see it any other way ....well they can't. Either your actually brain dead or you lie to yourself. Period. End of Story. Fairy tales do not count.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Fairy tails do not count.
Fairies have tails? Or do you mean tales?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:45 PM  
American

I am doing bookwork for my business. Fixing my sons wifes new PC so it will network on my router and eating my dinner...well I was when I posted that and that is after a day of scraping out drywall from a new home. The truck would not start this morning and then we blew a brake line 40 miles from home and I drove home with out brakes the long back way to avoid traffic.
I used the wrong word but you all still knew what I meant. I think the topic is more important them me using the wrong word....so sue me...your lucky I added to this sites traffic tonight at all.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
I am doing bookwork for my business. Fixing my sons wifes new PC so it will network on my router and eating my dinner...well I was when I posted that and that is after a day of scraping out drywall from a new home. The truck would not start this morning and then we blew a brake line 40 miles from home and I drove home with out brakes the long back way to avoid traffic.
I used the wrong word but you all still knew what I meant. I think the topic is more important them me using the wrong word....so sue me...your lucky I added to this sites traffic tonight at all.
*son's
*wife's
*without
*you're

(I'm such a pedant)

Quote:
There are no problems...no questions...none.
If you think there are no problems or questions, you haven't been following this thread.
Quote:
If you have to kill it so it isn't alive anymore you killed it. Period. All that other stuff is double talk BS.
I've never flushed or tossed any of my progeny in the garbage, but I'd be willing to bet that your mother has. 2/3 of all fertilized eggs end up that way, without a name, or anyone ever having known they existed at all.

That's the inconvenient truth for you. You want us to use a definition of "human" that you don't even subscribe to yourself. It's perfectly acceptable to flush a fertilized egg down the drain; it's not acceptable to flush a human.
Quote:
How a rational thinking human can see it any other way ....well they can't. Either your actually brain dead or you lie to yourself. Period. End of Story. Fairy tales do not count.
You're right. Fairy tales don't count. The fairy tale that life begins at conception is horse ****. Life begins when the cord can be cut; when the fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb; when the fetus can survive the death of the mother. Prior to that time, it is nothing more than a parasite with potential.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM  

Once upon a time, life begins when the cord can be cut; when the fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb; when the fetus can survive the death of the mother. Prior to that time, it is nothing more than a parasite with potential.

I fixed it for you!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM  
American

How do you live with a lie like that?

More worried about my grammar then millions of murdered children.

Just sick.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:30 AM  
American

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
*son's
*wife's
*without
*you're

Yeah that's what's important about this discussion.
(I'm such a pedant)

If you think there are no problems or questions, you haven't been following this thread.
The only problem is your ability to face the truth.
I've never flushed or tossed any of my progeny in the garbage, but I'd be willing to bet that your mother has. 2/3 of all fertilized eggs end up that way, without a name, or anyone ever having known they existed at all.

That's the inconvenient truth for you. You want us to use a definition of "human" that you don't even subscribe to yourself. It's perfectly acceptable to flush a fertilized egg down the drain; it's not acceptable to flush a human.
Dieing of natural causes is not murder....killing someone is. You don't see any difference...interesting.

You're right. Fairy tales don't count. The fairy tale that life begins at conception is horse ****. Life begins when the cord can be cut; when the fetus is capable of surviving outside the womb; when the fetus can survive the death of the mother. Prior to that time, it is nothing more than a parasite with potential.
What a sad screwed up human you are. A parasite that's mother let live.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:51 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
How do you live with a lie like that?

More worried about my grammar then millions of murdered children.

Just sick.
*than

But you did that one on purpose, didn't you?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!