Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 08-27-2012, 04:25 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
IMO all presidential candidates should have served in the military. How can you be CIC of something you have no experience with?
because we are not a military based country, at least we were not supposed to be. the president also oversees many economic issues, should he also be required to have a phd in economics? etc?
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:53 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Back to the point of the thread. Romney said he was too important to go to Vietnam. Can't get much more arrogant than that.
__________________

__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:19 PM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 90 | Kudos: +18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
and you think your post was intelligent, that was the prime example of stupid statements.

so what if he did drugs, it still does not validate your absurd statement that he was too stoned. a lot of people try drugs in college especially back then during the 70's/80's, the statement you made about him being too stoned to be able to enlist is still a "bunch of crap" because well, to put it simply it is just a **** argument to try to make (which really I shouldn't say argument, just a blank accusation really)
Such language is definitely a sign of a small mind.
I remember what college life was like during those years, do you? Obama did more than just "try drugs" per his own words.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
obviously he wasn't too stoned to make it through law school and teach at harvard, so to try to paint him as this junkie is childish. Did you teach at harvard? get a law degree? or anything as accomplished?, or is it safe to assume you were too drunk as I assume you tried alcohol so the same accusation works against you right? so what is it wild? were you too drunk to enlist or get a law degree? (again just using your argument here)
I didn't "paint" Obama, he used his own brush. You assume too much. Trying to make this thread about me is a good ploy to take attention away from the fact but it would not help your case to bring in my military record, collegiate degrees, or my up bringing.

I can see why the Dems would want to show light on Romney's lack of military service and the Reps would play it down, since he would be first Rep president that has not served before 1933. Since 1933 only three Presidents were not in the Military and all were Democrats......

Obama
Clinton
F D Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 90 | Kudos: +18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
IMO all presidential candidates should have served in the military. How can you be CIC of something you have no experience with?
Agreed. I'd rather the CIC know the bitter taste of war before making miliary decisions.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:43 PM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 90 | Kudos: +18
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Back to the point of the thread. Romney said he was too important to go to Vietnam. Can't get much more arrogant than that.
Arrogance seems to be a required trait for the position of President of late.
I see Romney was an acting missionary during that time. Was he preaching overseas? I know that religious personnel, i.e., Minister, Missionary, etc., were given a deferment during the time of the draft relieving Romney of being a draft dodger. If the deferment didn't exist, I wonder if he would have enlisted to become a Mormon Chaplain?
Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:29 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild View Post
Such language is definitely a sign of a small mind.
I remember what college life was like during those years, do you? Obama did more than just "try drugs" per his own words.




I didn't "paint" Obama, he used his own brush. You assume too much. Trying to make this thread about me is a good ploy to take attention away from the fact but it would not help your case to bring in my military record, collegiate degrees, or my up bringing.

I can see why the Dems would want to show light on Romney's lack of military service and the Reps would play it down, since he would be first Rep president that has not served before 1933. Since 1933 only three Presidents were not in the Military and all were Democrats......

Obama
Clinton
F D Roosevelt

actually you very much did try to paint that image, you can try to backtrack but you did. obviously you did not understand me comparing the absurdity of your argument with the absurd argument I made about you, it was to show how absurd it was. But I guess I did not get through to you.

plus, name calling, really? can we step up the maturity level here, please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild View Post
Agreed. I'd rather the CIC know the bitter taste of war before making miliary decisions.
yes because we are a military based government...... you really don't see that danger? really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild View Post
Arrogance seems to be a required trait for the position of President of late.
I see Romney was an acting missionary during that time. Was he preaching overseas? I know that religious personnel, i.e., Minister, Missionary, etc., were given a deferment during the time of the draft relieving Romney of being a draft dodger. If the deferment didn't exist, I wonder if he would have enlisted to become a Mormon Chaplain?
when people believe sayings over facts what is to be expected, half the country seems to vote on who says "god" more, and they want to live in a free country as long as nothing offends them.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 90 | Kudos: +18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
yes because we are a military based government...... you really don't see that danger? really?
200 years and you still haven't gotten over it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
when people believe sayings over facts what is to be expected, half the country seems to vote on who says "god" more, and they want to live in a free country as long as nothing offends them.
I have no idea what "sayings over facts" you speak of and I have no idea who or what you vote for but apparently you have a finger on the pulse of 50% of the votes across America. Good for you.
But arguing for the sake of arguing without stating fact or citing points in regards to the OP is nothing but a waste of time. If you can't stay on topic, then in the words of the great W.C. Fields, "Go away kid, ya bother me."
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.