Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2011, 08:34 PM  
Traveler

Ron Paul '90s newsletters rant against blacks, gays - CNN

Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
To put it simply, I don't think he said/believes those things because he is"racist" or doesn't like particular folks, I just think that he is very anti-government intrusion, and over regulation. I tend to agree with him.
I'm totally for Government intrusion and regulation when it comes to civil rights, as I said earlier. If these stories are true, and I hope they aren't, I think that this would be a real firestorm!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Quote:
There has been controversy over Ron Paul’s ties to racism for some time now. Many people have pointed to Ron Paul’s Newsletters as proof of his racism. Paul has previously admitted to writing the newsletters and defended the statements in 1996, then blamed them on an unnamed ghostwriter in 2001 and then denied any knowledge of them in 2008. He has given no explanation, for how the racism entered his newsletter. If we are to take Paul at his word, he is guilty of at least promoting racism on a large scale. Paul earned almost a million dollars a year from the racist, conspiracy theorist newsletters.
If he even looked like a threat look forward to seeing much more on this.

RP/RIP:
Quote:
The controversial newsletters include rants against the Israeli lobby, gays, AIDS victims and Martin Luther King Jr. -- described as a "pro-Communist philanderer." One newsletter, from June 1992, right after the LA riots, says "order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks."
Old 04-28-2011, 09:30 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
It does say "None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name...."
Just saying....

If these allegations are the only things that have been brought up his whole career, just things he has said (over and over, by the way), I would take that before what most other politicians have actually DONE.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
I'll take government intervention and regulation everytime. Right is right.
. "
This is one area that we differ. I would MUCH rather err on the side of freedom (aka. small gov't). I would very much prefer being UNDER-REGULATED than OVER-REGULATED. Once there is over-regulation there is almost no going back.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:54 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well said, good sir.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!