Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-26-2011, 01:32 PM  
fustrated genius

round three . . .Bushicans, you ready?

2016 Jeb Bush? how you like that Obamacrats?

Jeb Bush Won?t Rule Out White House Run in 2016

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush has made it clear he won?t seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 ? but 2016 may be a different story.

In an interview with Katty Kay of BBC News? Washington Bureau, Bush was asked if he has ruled out running in 2016.

?No,? he responded. ?But I haven?t ruled out being on ?American Idol? either.?

Kay writes that she has spoken to many Republicans who say they wish Jeb would run in 2012, ?and they genuinely believe he is the only Republican who could unseat President Barack Obama.?

But Bush told Kay: ?It?s very flattering to be asked [about running] regularly.

?There are great candidates running and my guess is that one of them will be president, and I?ll be supportive.?

Kay cites President George W. Bush?s low approval ratings when he left office and adds: ?There is no doubt in my mind that is why [Jeb] didn?t run in 2008, won?t run in 2012, but may be tempted to run in 2016.?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.