Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Save the Loon!

Quote:
?Head of Steam?
Charlie Black, a lobbyist and Republican strategist who is neutral in the party?s race, said Bachmann ?has gotten a real head of steam up and is generating a lot of support among the social conservative and evangelicals that Palin would need? to mount a successful presidential bid.
That may have played a role in persuading Palin to reassert herself on the public stage, with an eye toward preserving the option of launching a presidential bid, he said.
Bachmann, 55, belatedly made it to Iowa today and during an interview on ?Iowa Press,? a statewide public television show that is a frequent stop for presidential candidates, she said she has been praying about the decision over her presidential announcement.
?Every decision that I make, I pray about,? she said. ?Yes, I?ve had that calling and tugging on my heart that this is the right thing to do.?
HTML Code:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-27/bachmann-and-palin-could-compete-for-the-same-political-ground.html
Quote:
Poll Results
Nationally, in a Gallup poll released yesterday, Bachmann trails Romney, Palin and other official and prospective Republican candidates. Romney had 17 percent and Palin was second with 15 percent in the survey of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents. Bachmann received 5 percent.
Also ahead of her were Representative Ron Paul of Texas (10 percent) former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich (9 percent), businessman and one-time talk radio host Herman Cain (8 percent) and Pawlenty (6 percent).
The poll was taken May 20-24 and has a margin of error of plus or minus four percentage points.
Quote:
She has become an uncompromising spokeswoman for conservative positions on social and fiscal issues, prodding Republican leaders not to cooperate with President Barack Obama?s administration. Inflammatory comments she has made -- she suggested during the 2008 presidential campaign that Obama may have ?anti-American views? and recently compared the national debt to the Holocaust -- have raised questions about her prospects as a presidential candidate.
Save the Loon!-michele_bachmann_pancake.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bachmann-crazy1_43760.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bachmann-response.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bachman-cartoon.jpg 

Save the Loon!-28213_cartoon_main.jpg 

Save the Loon!-rb.jpg 

Save the Loon!-global_warming_deniers.jpg 

Save the Loon!-cartoon-bachmann-sex-clinics.gif 

Save the Loon!-bachmann_frankenstein.jpg 

Save the Loon!-minnesota-loons.jpg 

Old 05-27-2011, 02:58 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Save the Loon!
Save the Loon!-21361_cartoon_main.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bed.jpg 

Save the Loon!-cartoon-palin-bachmann-joke.gif 

Save the Loon!-teabagger_bait.jpg 

Save the Loon!-0bachmann_palin.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bachmann-sotu.jpg 

Save the Loon!-cartoon-bachmann-inside-michele.gif 

Save the Loon!-david-horsey-525c.jpg 

Save the Loon!-marguj20110128a_low.jpg 

Save the Loon!-special_rights.jpg 

Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Save the Loon!

Quote:
This little gem was in the Russian newspaper Pravda?
Posted in Inexperience, Lack of Knowledge, Member Posts
FROM USER: lottirj
Palin ? the Devil in disguise
Palin ? the Devil in disguise - English pravda.ru
The candidate for the Vice Presidency of the United States of America, whose experience in small town politics, mothers?day dos and the local hockey club is her claim to fame, threatened to open the gates of Hell by attacking Russia in the event of another invasion of Georgia in a televised interview on ABC (shown today). One question for this self-opinionated upstart: Do you know what a nuclear holocaust is?
Sarah Palin, Mrs. Nobody know-it-all shreiking cow from Alaska, the joke of American politics, plied with a couple of vodkas before letting rip in front of incredulous audiences while McCain coos in the background, cuts a ridiculous figure as she strives to be taken seriously.
How can anyone whose husband is a member of the Alaska Independence Party and who is running for the Vice Presidency of the Union be taken seriously? How indeed can the Republican Party be taken seriously for not vetting this female, or have they not yet discovered the skeletons in her closet? We have.
So Sarah Palin, Mrs. Hockey Mom housewife-cum-small-town gossip merchant and cheap little guttersnipe, suppose you shut up and allowed real politicians and diplomats to do their work? Threatening Russia with a war is perhaps the most irresponsible thing anyone could do at this moment in time. Have you any idea what a nuclear holocaust is? Have you any notion of the power of Russia?s armed forces? Did you know that Russia has enough missiles to destroy any target anywhere on Earth in seconds?
And have you not forgotten, you pith-headed little bimbo from the back of beyond, that small detail about the slaughter of Russian citizens by Georgians, which started the whole debacle? So next time suppose you keep your mouth shut and while you?re at it, make sure the members of your family keep their legs shut too. Your country has enough failed mothers as it is.
Timothy BANCROFT-HINCHEY
Save the Loon!-042011.jpg 

Save the Loon!-cartoon20090808.jpg 

Save the Loon!-frontcoverjpgissue03-2-.jpg 

Save the Loon!-michele-bachmann-april-fool-web-4-1-11.jpg 

Save the Loon!-patbagley_sltrib_gophair.jpg 

Save the Loon!-15qx1k6.jpg 

Save the Loon!-bagley-11.jpg 

Save the Loon!-cartoon-bachmann-clowns-wo-pity.gif 

Save the Loon!-6_cartoon_600.jpg 

Save the Loon!-featured_cartoon_clip_art_illustration3.jpg 

Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

I don't think America will ever vote for that idiot. Thank the Lord!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Linda Bergthold: Palin calls bloggers "kids in pajamas"
Posted in Lack of Knowledge, Why not Palin? An Overview
In Sarah Palin?s interview with Fox News? Greta Van Susteren this evening, she referred to bloggers as ?kids in pajamas sitting in the basement of their parents? homes? spewing out mean and inaccurate things about her. Well, I am no kid, I am definitely not wearing pajames and I am living in my own house, thank you! And I am seriously depressed about the prospect of this person having a political future. In the course of the interview with Greta Van Susteren, a softball thrown with great affection by Fox, Palin manages to rebut all the attacks on her without ever providing much, if any, facts to support her position. She never asked for the clothes or the stylists. They just appeared. Nor the clothes for her ?eight? member family (eight? I thought she had 5 kids?). She never thought Africa was a country . She was just concerned about Darfur and they discussed ?Africa there?the country and the continent?. She always knew what countries were in NAFTA. She never thought the crowds were there because of her, it was just because of what she stood or ? just a mom trying to change things. Pardon me, but I am nearly nauseous by now. There is no acknowledgement by Ms. Palin that she might not have been ready for this job . That there were things she did not know and should have known. That the media intensity revealed her weaknesses ? only that it was mean and unfair. She deftly avoided the quesiton about 2012, but in a very frightening way to those of us who do not believe God tells what doors to open, she explained that God would reveal to her if she should run. God would tell her if there was a door open with a tiny crack, and she would, ?by god?, just push through it. She is also a feminist in the sense of ? Feminists for life ?, which for those of us who believe in the power of women, is not exactly our definition. I actually think she believes women should earn as much as men. But she does not believe government should help women and their families with children, especially special needs children , with any particular programs. Individuals and their communities should do that. Well ? Governor Palin? They do not. And when they do not, why are you in favor of punishing those families when they find they can?t make it. They can?t support the 24 hour needs of those children without some support. Are they supposed to go out on the street corner and put out a sign that says, ?Please feed my special needs child?? Oh my. We are in for a set of charming interviews over the next few days. The only losers will be the Republican party of ?meanies? who have attacked Palin. No one is going to challenge her. No one is going to ask her to be accountable for the leaks from the campaign about her diva personality, her tirades against her staff, her acceptance of all those clothes and makeup and hairdressing, her lack of knowledge of basic facts about American government or foreign affairs. She can ust deny it all, smile, wink and we are all ok with it. Are we?
HTML Code:
http://impalin.com/impalin/?cat=8
Save the Loon!-duncecap.jpg 

Save the Loon!-25_front.jpg 

Save the Loon!-58j.jpg 

Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Sarah Palin will never be president

HTML Code:
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/joan_walsh/politics/2011/01/12/sarah_palin_president
The stunning narcissism and inability to even fake empathy show why she'll never lead the nation

Quote:
I don't know what's worse: That Sarah Palin knew the term "blood libel" has historically been a cornerstone of anti-Semitism (it specifically refers to the gruesome lie that Jews murdered Christian babies to use their blood in matzoh) or that she's so ignorant she didn't know what "blood libel" meant.

I am honestly not sure which is true, but I know one thing, having watched her atrocious, tone-deaf, all-about-me video: Sarah Palin will never be president of the United States.

The narcissism required, on a day the nation is commemorating the Arizona shooting victims, to put her own sense of victimhood front and center, is stunning. The "blood libel" idiocy may be the worst of it, especially given that Giffords herself is Jewish. But that's not the only thing wrong with her performance. Hilariously, after all the times she's mocked President Obama for using a teleprompter, you can see a teleprompter screen reflected in her eyeglasses throughout much of her Facebook chat. Seeing the flickering teleprompter in her eyes is eerie; it's where some flicker of her soul should be, but you don't see any. Looking into Palin's eyes, you see a blazing, self-pitying anger that's shocking, even for the self-described "pit bull in lipstick."

Palin delights in shocking us; this rant is worse than most of what she's done, but it's all of a piece. She'll rally her friends to her side and further alienate those who already hate her, but she may add new people to the latter group. Her friends are already circling the wagons: On Twitter this morning, the National Review's Kathryn Jean Lopez defended Palin and said "'blood libel in purest sense of the phrase' is how one political insider approvingly spoke of palin's use of the phrase to me this morning." In the purest sense of the phrase? Really? "Blood libel" in the purest sense can't possibly have anything to do with the criticism Palin has experienced since the Tucson shooting. National Review founder William F. Buckley must be in despair over the folks who've inherited his project. Buckley kept John Birch anti-Semites out of his magazine, and in 1999, Buckley devoted a whole issue to his 40,000 word essay (which became a book) "In Search of Anti-Semitism," examining examples of right-wing animus against Jews in modern-day conservatism. Buckley sadly concluded that his friend Pat Buchanan's attacks on Jewish neocons (while ignoring the movement's non-Jews) amounted to more than "mischievous generalizations"; they were anti-Semitic.

Predictably, Pat Buchanan defended Palin on MSNBC today. "Frankly, I thought it was an excellent statement with regard to the phrase 'blood libel'," Buchanan said. "That, of course, refers to the libel that was used in the Middle Ages, charges against Jews that were utterly unsupportable slanders and I think she's using it in that context." That statement makes absolutely no sense, of course.

Buchanan went on to say that Palin "is not a dispenser of hate, she's a victim of hate." Buchanan's seal of approval isn't likely to reassure Jewish voters. But at least one Jew has defended Palin: Alan Dershowitz, who's already proven he's happy to flout Jewish social teaching by defending torture, said he's fine with her use of the term. But many Jewish groups, from the liberal J Street to the often conservative Anti-Defamation League, have criticized Palin's use of the hateful term.

I'm not making the case here that Palin is anti-Semitic (although it's interesting that one of her first advisors was Fred Malek, the guy who counted the number of Jews in the Nixon administration for Buchanan's old boss). More than any other American president, Palin reminds me of Richard Nixon, who rode a coalition of resentment and grievance to the presidency. Nixon had his own deep well of self-pity, immortalized in his famous "last" speech in 1962, where he promised, "You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore." But Nixon also learned from his loss to John F. Kennedy and the reaction to his "last" speech to project more leadership and less anger and bitterness. Palin hasn't learned anything since she lost her campaign for the vice presidency in 2008, except how to "reload" on her enemies after criticism.

Tuesday's speech isn't really surprising, but it did make it plain to me: Palin can't be president. She's a divider, not a uniter, and she can't even pretend to be anything else. Americans won't forget that while Giffords and other shooting victims were still hospitalized, Palin was tending to her own psychic wounds. So very petty, so hugely unpresidential.

Joan Walsh is Salon's editor at large.
Save the Loon!-palin-lifelines.jpg 

Old 05-28-2011, 02:16 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Sarah Palin: Over her head

HTML Code:
http://impalin.com/impalin/?cat=8
Quote:
FROM USER: cwentworth
Sarah Palin: Over her head
As a lifetime Alaskan and retired U.S. government employee, I did not vote for Sarah Palin for governor. She did not support a subsistence hunting and fishing priority for Alaska Natives and other rural Alaskans, an important human rights issue. She also stated during her gubernatorial campaign that one of her aspirations was to cook a salmon and blueberry pie dinner for Condoleezza Rice. That turned me off in a hurry, as well as her tacit support for the Iraq War, oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, and anti-abortion stance.
But twice in August, I heard her speak in person for the first time since she became governor, and was surprised how much I liked her. At both of these small gatherings, she praised progressive friends of mine, who are well-known Alaskans, giving them many accolades and announcing how she was drawing one into her administration. Even though these people did not vote for her, I felt her praise was sincere. During both of these events, Palin was relaxed and happy.
Then during Palin?s V.P. nominee acceptance speech, I saw a different Sarah Palin. When she talked of her support for the war, fighting terrorists, and more oil drilling, I saw a protruded jaw and scrunched up nose. Her face showed fighting and stubbornness. She did not present her positions with well-reasoned thought behind them, but more like an angry reaction. It all felt ugly, and my like suddenly turned to dislike. This also told me that she was now over her head ? parroting phrases that someone else had given her.
For several years during my federal career, I had a boss who was over his head. When an issue concerned his region of Alaska, where he was born and raised, he was relaxed, confident, and helpful. But with other issues, especially those he did not understand, he was often angry, mean, and condescending to me and to the other scientists he supervised. During the hearing for the grievance and gender complaint which I filed (and which I eventually won) the Judge asked repeatedly: ?Why is someone with no college education supervising three scientists? Its kind of a poor fit, isn?t it?
It?s the same way with Palin. Of course Obama seems like an elitist to her. He?s into issues with which she has had no experience, and which are over her head.
Palin aims to please. She wants to be liked, which is why she can afford, as governor, to give public accolades to those who disagree with her politically. But as V.P nominee, she is now aiming to please those above her rather than below her. Thus the stark and scary contrast in her facial expression, from August to September.
Save the Loon!-palin-messiah.jpg 

Old 05-28-2011, 07:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Palin defends dr. Laura

HTML Code:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/palin-defends-dr-laura---doesnt-she-know-dr-laura-thinks-shes-a-loser-whos-dumber/question-1158795/?link=ibaf&imgurl=http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2010/08/20/alg_palin_laura-split.jpg&q=Palin%2Bloser
Doesn't she know Dr. Laura thinks she's a loser? Who's dumber

Quote:
Today Sarah Palin lept to Dr. Laura's defense by encouraging her with the following "tweets"

"Dr.Laura:don't retreat...reload! (Steps aside bc her 1st Amend.rights ceased 2exist thx 2activists trying 2silence"isn't American,not fair")."

[....pssst.....Sarah...... it sounded stupid the FIRST time you used that catchy little phrase.... we get it .... you're trying to be clever]

Apparently Palin thought better of her first tweet (it didn't include a racially-tinged and thinly-veiled reference to slavery) so she primed the hate-pump with the following:

"Dr.Laura=even more powerful & effective w/out the shackles, so
watch out Constitutional obstructionists. And b thankful 4 her
voice,America!"

So who's more pitiful and laughable?

A) Dr. Laura for her whining about "losing her first Amendment rights, even though the First Amendment prohibits government censoring of free speech, not an appropriate public outcry over her racist and horrifically insensitive comments on-air.

OR

B) Sarah Palin for her shamelessly transparent attempt at glomming onto and attempting to capitalize on Dr. Laura's "plight"? Ever the attention-whore, Palin has now proven (as if she hasn't already) that she's either brazenly opportunistic or brazenly clueless. Maybe she forgot what Dr. Laura said about her after she was picked as the VP / MILF-In-Chief candidate by Maverick McCain.....

Dr. Laura?s website said that she was ?extremely disappointed? in the Palin pick because she considers her a poor role model. ?Children and young adults look to those who are visible and successful as a road map of what is acceptable behavior and emulate those actions over the morals and values their parents and churches have taught and tried to reinforce. for juggling an infant and a job and have a pregnant teenager to boot.?

Not enough for you, Sarah? Here's more:

?But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was
recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to
the job of Governor within days of the birth??

Ouch.....

Actually there's a third answer:

C) They're both morons.
Save the Loon!-dc-header-1.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!