Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Senators introduce bill to ban mandatory binding arbitration in cell phone contracts

Senators Introduce Bill To Ban Mandatory Binding Arbitration Clauses In Cellphone Contracts - The Consumerist

once again it is the democrats that stand up for consumers to make sure businesses play fair with the customer. The justice system is a cornerstone of our society, and mandatory binding arbitration is eroding that away.....why just cell phone contracts and not all contracts is my big question, maybe cut the head off the biggest snake first before battling all the little ones together to remove the big one from the fight? hopefully.....

for those not educated in what mandatory binding arbitration is, please use the "choose your own adventure story" on the following page to describe the MAJOR issues to what is being placed on everything from cell phone to daycare agreements.....
Mandatory Binding Arbitration: The Worst Choose Your Own Adventure Ever - The Consumerist

mandatory binding arbitration is one of the biggest anti-consumer inventions ever.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:24 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
why just cell phone contracts and not all contracts is my big question, maybe cut the head off the biggest snake first before battling all the little ones together to remove the big one from the fight? hopefully.....
It can be done correctly but in those cases it was not.

I'd like personal injury cases decided by perhaps 3 BA judges rather than tried by ambulance chasers. The point of our laws in this regard were intended to "make the damaged person whole".

That should cover costs incurred and perhaps a reasonable number for suffering. Shady lawyers and greedy folks have come to regard an injury much like a lotto win.

The presiding members of a panel MUST be free from influence of any kind (for life) that could color judgments.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:51 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
so where are all the republicans defending this? Are we assume that even our republican members can't defend this republican method of destroying our society....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!