Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2016, 09:39 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Shooting a man with a gun.

A police officer gets a report that a man with a gun is pointing it at children in a park. This park is known to police as a gang hangout with numerous gang arrests there over the previous three months. As the officer rolls up he sees a man with a gun in the dark. He yells to "drop the gun" and instead the gun is pointed at him. He shoots and kills the suspect.
This basically is the Tamir Rice case. He was a big 12 year old and it was dark. He looked like a man in the dark. He pointed a toy gun at the officer that had been altered to look real. The officer did exactly what he should have done. And the boy's family collects $6 million.
It's ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:03 PM  
Traveler

Should have been 10 million dollars and the cops should have lost their jobs. The problem here is that they should have approached the area on foot rather than driving across the lawn right up to the boy. Also, the parents should have been rebuked for not having a conversation about the use and handling of this potential weapon. The suite should have been 10 million with half the money going toward educating children in that city about guns.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:21 AM  
American

Why should we pay for the kids dumbassery?
Old 04-28-2016, 01:01 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
The mother should be in jail for letting a 12 year old go into a known gang area after dark with an altered gun. Can't blame a cop for wanting to not take a chance on getting shot. The cop wants to go home to family too.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:04 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
There was another one last night where a boy carrying a gun ran from the cops and then pointed it at them. It too had been altered to look real. Luckily, he will live. The parents should be in jail.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:06 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Should have been 10 million dollars and the cops should have lost their jobs. The problem here is that they should have approached the area on foot rather than driving across the lawn right up to the boy. Also, the parents should have been rebuked for not having a conversation about the use and handling of this potential weapon. The suite should have been 10 million with half the money going toward educating children in that city about guns.
Good thing you are not a cop. You would die the first night. They can't take the time to decide if the gun is real. By that time, they are already shot If it is.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:53 PM  

I'm just shaking my head at some replies in here.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:20 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Good thing you are not a cop. You would die the first night. They can't take the time to decide if the gun is real. By that time, they are already shot If it is.
This is why the whole Ruby Ridge thing got so out of control. If these cops would be a bit more tactful rather than tactical.... Perhaps these cops could have moved in and taken safe positions, then, using a bullhorn or shouting out to the kid, ask him to put down the gun instead of storming across the lawn up to the kid. Some of these cops are so stupid the way they handle things. Often, in these shootings, they could easily use non lethal force. This, just like so many other encounters, is just classic examples of poor planning, hastily executed apprehensions and disasterous results.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:23 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I'm just shaking my head at some replies in here.
I know. I hear you. I rolled my eyes just then. I used to do work for this retired cop from Corvalis Oregon, and this guy was an idiot.

I remember him telling me that he went into a bar to break up a fight, thinking he was going to control the situation...... and found himself bouncing off a pool table and getting a trip to the hospital to get a new hip at 38 years old.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:36 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Maybe they should approach a situation a bit more cautiously?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.