Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-28-2016, 08:42 PM  

Honestly, the only thing missing is for you to say, "why don't them coppers shoot the gun out of his hand?" or, "why don't them cops use that net gun I've read so much about?"

DO NOT put the blame on the cops. Put it where it belongs... with the kid and his parents!

I wish the cops could sue those parents for causing constant nightmares, PTSD, divorce, drinking and probably suicide since they have to live with the thought of killing that child.

Do not judge until you've walked a mile in my shoes!

Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 PM  
Traveler

Naw, Some cops are really idiots. Plenty of videos on youtube and on the news to back that. This is the problem with so many cops these days is that they act as if they're Rambo. Most cops these days are ex military and have that marines type mentality. You have to first off.... earn the respect of the people you're policing, and this is some of the problem. The cops loose the respect through their actions. When I was a kid, the cops were referred to as "peace officers" and these days they are "Law enforcement officers". When you get a call about someone in the shadows with a gun, you sure as hell don't go driving up to them. You go in on foot, with back up. You identify the threat, and try to commincate. If they had done this with this kid, he'd still be alive! No doubt he was mistakingly incorrect in his actions, but the kid was 12 years old and most likely had no idea what he was doing, obviously. No one in their right mind, certainly no normal thinking adult would pull a gun on armed cops. The lawsuit was justified and those cops should be working in service sector jobs.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:03 PM  

So, I want to know one thing. Where, in your vast law enforcement experience did you learn to tippie toe in the darkness while searching for a man with a gun?

Well miab, you have successfully emptied this forum from all of the great members we once had. I am now also resigning from this position because I just can't stomach your BS posts. Please crawl under a rock before our last admin also pulls the plug here.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:04 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
So, I want to know one thing. Where, in your vast law enforcement experience did you learn to tippie toe in the darkness while searching for a man with a gun?
Ever heard of common sense? I know you guys think that just because you have a badge, that it somehow makes you smart? Or Right? Imagine solders driving right up to the enemy and getting out........ WHACK! dead. No, solders hide behind things such as walls until they make sure that things are clear...... geeze.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 PM  
Traveler

Basically, the problem here is the militant nature of many of the newer police officers hitting the streets. Many are as I stated, ex military, and there's this attitude that wreaks of "I'm right!" and "I have the power". I have another thread on here that shows some of the police brutality that's been captured on video, and so much so, that it's beginning to change the way cops are trained, but the problem will still persist. The mindset has been cast!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.