Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2012, 04:46 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Again I ask, which can THRIVE without the other. And just because one UTILIZES the infrastructure better than the other doesn't automatically mean that infrastructure is responsible for success. Does infrastructure make it easier? Sure, no argument there. Again, the same infrastructure is available to all.
neither, that is why government has become increasingly complex ever since people moved on from simple agrarian lifestyles, even then many people flocked to what large government s there were in order to have protection from other people.

do you think these corporations would succeed without all the benefits and government they use?

Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
do you think these corporations would succeed without all the benefits and government they use?
. . . and certainly he government would not succeed without the corporations to prey upon.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:43 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
. . . and certainly he government would not succeed without the corporations to prey upon.
eddie are you capable of actual discussion beyond republican talking points? or do you really think the government only exists as a parasite to businesses and offer no advantages? can you be rationale and say that one does need the other or do you really desire anarchy?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:25 AM  

Quote:
eddie are you capable of actual discussion beyond republican talking points? or do you really think the government only exists as a parasite to businesses and offer no advantages? can you be rationale and say that one does need the other or do you really desire anarchy?
First, I am not a republican so I don't buy into their talking points. Republican is a better choice than democrat at the present and I favor republican as they don't have killing pre-born children as a plank in their platform. At the present any choice is better than Obama. Some regulation is necessary but a government that controls all is an enemy of freedom.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:22 PM  
American

Didn't sound like a republican talking point to me...sounds more like an American talking point.

Like this guy is saying.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:00 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
First, I am not a republican so I don't buy into their talking points. Republican is a better choice than democrat at the present and I favor republican as they don't have killing pre-born children as a plank in their platform. At the present any choice is better than Obama. Some regulation is necessary but a government that controls all is an enemy of freedom.
you agree with 99% of their agenda, you are republican, and the level of maturity of your post is disgraceful, if you just want to just call names and not have a meaningful discussion why are you here?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
you agree with 99% of their agenda, you are republican, and the level of maturity of your post is disgraceful, if you just want to just call names and not have a meaningful discussion why are you here?
I also feel that the republicans are the better choice than Obama and the democrats. And no, I do not stand by 99% either. But most of the things that I disagree with on the republican side are the same as the dem side. Like, I don't like the federal reserve and our monetary system. I don't like subsidies of any kind. I don't like the gov't intervention in things beyond constitutional levels... etc... Those are all things that the republicans and the democrats are both very guilty of partaking in.

As far as which can survive (business vs gov't), I doubt gov't would even exist without any commerce to fund it. Commerce IS businiess. No matter how small. Does infrastructure allow more businesses to be successful, Again I say yes. Doesn't change the FACT THAT THE SAME INFRASTRUCTURE IS AVAILABLE TO ALL. So you cannot give the infrastructure all the credit. It becomes basically a non issue. Your argument (and Obama's) has no meaningful point. I could use the exact same rationale to say that the only reason a particular car can go fast is because the government built the road it is on. So what?? Is it also why another car cannot go as fast? Nonsense.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:21 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
What I hate from both parties are the two-faced ones. Our local rep, Vicki Hartzler, ran on the Tea Party platform "no subsidies". Then we found out that she had been getting big farm subsidies for years.

One, who lost, said he would do away with robo calls if elected, but he was using them to campaign.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!