Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-07-2012, 02:38 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't count on that being taken care of either... Unless of course you consider outlawing most firearms in the US to be helpful....
IMHO that would be unconstitutional.
__________________

__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 PM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
IMHO that would be unconstitutional.
Yeah, my opinion also. Wouldn't stop Obama though.
__________________

__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:41 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I think America will eventually end up with the same problem that we have up here in Canada.

The vast majority of people that own handguns and assault rifles here are basically LEO's and criminals.

The everyday average guy has no experience with guns, and therefore can't be depended upon to defend his family or his country when things get ugly.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:46 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Many of the men in the US were military trained to handle a weapon.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
That may be true right now, but what about in a generation or two?
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:41 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!
 
rainbow's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 309 | Kudos: +17
[QUOTE=YelloJeep;144359]You say dramatic.... I don't see you pointing out any of my claims and saying "no, he's not going to try to do that!" or "no that's not the direction we are going"......

QUOTE]

You know something? You guys still think that Obama is from Kenya, dispite his fake birth certificate....... and no matter how many FACTS are thrown at you guys, you still believe what you believe. What happened last night was demacracy, yet you guys are such sore loosers, that you use the typical republican scare tactics like guns being taken from American citizens etc. You guys need to have a thorzene drip and get real. Obama a level headed leader who wants to level the playing field for the working class (democrats) while the repubs bow to "Black Money" from ultra wealthy manipulators from the likes of Sheldon Addleson, the Koch brothers and major corporations. These groups run this country, and people like you, who pop Viagra pills and wear "just for men" to look like soap stars on the cover of "People" magazine, worship this type of lifestyle.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
[quote=rainbow;144385]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
You say dramatic.... I don't see you pointing out any of my claims and saying "no, he's not going to try to do that!" or "no that's not the direction we are going"......

QUOTE]

You know something? You guys still think that Obama is from Kenya, dispite his fake birth certificate....... and no matter how many FACTS are thrown at you guys, you still believe what you believe. What happened last night was demacracy, yet you guys are such sore loosers, that you use the typical republican scare tactics like guns being taken from American citizens etc. You guys need to have a thorzene drip and get real. Obama a level headed leader who wants to level the playing field for the working class (democrats) while the repubs bow to "Black Money" from ultra wealthy manipulators from the likes of Sheldon Addleson, the Koch brothers and major corporations. These groups run this country, and people like you, who pop Viagra pills and wear "just for men" to look like soap stars on the cover of "People" magazine, worship this type of lifestyle.
Get back with me on those issues in four years. All I know is that on day 1 of his 2nd term we have witnessed a 300 point drop in the stock market and HUGE layoffs at Boeing announced. I am hearing of other layoffs and folks being moved from full to part time (don't have the details yet).. So I think this is only the tip of the iceberg.

As far as firearms? He has said that he would like the ban on assault weapons reinstated. The other issues I mentioned? You still haven't denied his intentions on those. You can continue with pointless derogitory remarks all you want. You can make claims as to who you think I am but you have no idea. I will not pretend to know your background either. You go back and look at this post and my previous and then at yours and anyone can see who is using facts and who is just trash talking.

Oh, and I have no clue where he is from. Hawaii? I don't care. He could have grown up next door to me for all I care. You could bring in someone from Pakistan for all I care if they would not drive this country into the ground. The traditional America is dead. Obama has been driving nails into America's coffin for 4 years and 51% of the american people drove the last one in yesterday. Traditional american values now have no hope.
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Never could understand why it matters where Obama was born. His mother was a citizen, that makes him one. McCain was born in Panama. Does that mean he's not a citizen? Some reports say that Romney may have been born in Mexico. Does that mean he's not a citizen?
According to US law, anyone with one American parent is a citizen, period.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Get back with me on those issues in four years. All I know is that on day 1 of his 2nd term we have witnessed a 300 point drop in the stock market and HUGE layoffs at Boeing announced. I am hearing of other layoffs and folks being moved from full to part time (don't have the details yet).. So I think this is only the tip of the iceberg.

As far as firearms? He has said that he would like the ban on assault weapons reinstated. The other issues I mentioned? You still haven't denied his intentions on those. You can continue with pointless derogitory remarks all you want. You can make claims as to who you think I am but you have no idea. I will not pretend to know your background either. You go back and look at this post and my previous and then at yours and anyone can see who is using facts and who is just trash talking.

When Obama and Holder approached the idea of a gun ban in March of 2009 (when the Democrats held the house, senate, and the presidency), 65 House Democrats put a stop to it in an open letter to Eric Holder.

Do you happen to remember what happened 2 months after the AWB was enacted in 1994? A 54-seat swing in the house, an 8 seats in the senate, 12 gubernatorial seats, and 472 state-legislature seats.

And what did they get for it? An incredibly unpopular prohibition and and moving from 21 to 37 states with "unrestricted" or "shall issue" concealed carry laws during the gun ban. (Up to 41 states last time I checked.) More guns than ever before on the streets. An inability to correlate any reduction in crime with the gun ban. A near-perfect, inverse correlation between number of guns on the streets and the crime rate. The death of all significant national anti-gun efforts.


Quote:

Oh, and I have no clue where he is from. Hawaii? I don't care. He could have grown up next door to me for all I care. You could bring in someone from Pakistan for all I care if they would not drive this country into the ground. The traditional America is dead. Obama has been driving nails into America's coffin for 4 years and 51% of the american people drove the last one in yesterday. Traditional american values now have no hope.

Apparently, "Traditional American Values" are things like "Bankruptcy related to medical bills", "Overtaxing people who don't act like we did 20 years ago", "Interference in the doctor-patient relationship", and "Policing bedroom activities".

Personally, I think these things deserve to be in the coffin. Perhaps you were referring to some other "traditions" of which I am not aware?
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:54 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Apparently, "Traditional American Values" are things like "Bankruptcy related to medical bills", "Overtaxing people who don't act like we did 20 years ago", "Interference in the doctor-patient relationship", and "Policing bedroom activities".

Personally, I think these things deserve to be in the coffin. Perhaps you were referring to some other "traditions" of which I am not aware?
On thing I agree with John Stossel on:
Quote:
I say that conservatives want to police the bedroom and the world, and the liberals want to police the workplace and my speech and what I eat and a million other things. And they both seem to want a bigger government which is unsustainable.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.