Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-03-2013, 07:53 PM  

Battle Creek, Mi
Spending millions on personal vacations.

Is it just me or am I the only one that is upset by Obama's family spending millions of taxpayers dollars on personal vacations.
this latest offense by his daughters spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars over spring break. All to showboat take their friends on multiple jet planes across the United States on our dollar.
why isn't the news covering this like a blanket rather than ignoring it like the red headed stepchild.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:36 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Probably because they all do it. I read somewhere that Bush took more vacation time his first term than any other president including Obama.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Probably because they all do it. I read somewhere that Bush took more vacation time his first term than any other president including Obama.
I thinik that is quite possible... But I'll bet that the Obamas have spent FAR MORE of our money during those vacations. I'll bet that most of Bush's was spent in Texas or something... While the Obamas are flying around (the whole family) and going all over on the taxpayer dime... Must be nice, don't get me wrong..

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 AM  

Battle Creek, Mi
Agreed GW took vacation but he took them is ranch in Texas, like Reagan they were working vacations.
Obama on the other hand I spent more time On The Golf Links and his family on vacations that have cost the US taxpayer millions
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM  

Battle Creek, Mi
In retrospect his 13 year old daughter blew over $350,000, and $560,000 just to show her friends a good time over spring break.
Michelle Obama blew over $1,000,000 enter European vacation a few months ago.
and these are just a few of the vacations they take on a regular basis.
The grand total by now has to be close to 100 million dollars. Doesn't this offend you?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:08 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post
Is it just me or am I the only one that is upset by Obama's family spending millions of taxpayers dollars on personal vacations.
this latest offense by his daughters spending hundreds of thousands of taxpayers dollars over spring break. All to showboat take their friends on multiple jet planes across the United States on our dollar.
why isn't the news covering this like a blanket rather than ignoring it like the red headed stepchild.
as much as we paid George Bush to keep traveling to a ranch to clear brush........ why pick on this president for something that all presidents have done? were you not outraged at bush? which by the war the wars he started make any of Obama's trips (even if those numbers are/were accurate) look like a drop in the bucket
Old 04-05-2013, 07:17 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manyhobbies View Post

Cancelling White House Tours Saves Less than Cost of One of Obama?s Vacations
By Andrew Stiles

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-andrew-stiles

Residents Alerted to Obamas' Hawaiian Holiday Plans
http://www.hawaiireporter.com/reside...iday-plans/123

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.