Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM  

State of the Union address, did you watch it?

Crossing all political lines, did you watch the State of the Union address, and what was your personal opinion?

I only enjoy two things while watching this. One is how well the president speaks, and the other is watching the division of party lines and who stands for applause every 5-10 seconds. Other than that, to me it appears to be just the same old stuff, with no meaning.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:41 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Crossing all political lines, did you watch the State of the Union address, and what was your personal opinion?

I only enjoy two things while watching this. One is how well the president speaks, and the other is watching the division of party lines and who stands for applause every 5-10 seconds. Other than that, to me it appears to be just the same old stuff, with no meaning.
I think you are right on track! He didn't speak of his reccords of the last 3 years only his vision of bigger govt, more control of our lives, our wealth and well being.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:46 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
No. Why watch both sides lie? Just a waste of time.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:17 AM  

Greenville, SC
Spend, spend, spend.... That is what I heard most of the time.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 AM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Spend, spend, spend.... That is what I heard most of the time.
Reminded me a lot of the Charlie Brown cartoon, when the grown ups are speaking. Whaaa, whaaa, whaaa.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:48 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Guess I am just tired of politicians. Our congresswoman ran on the Tea Party platform of stopping all handouts. But won't respond when asked about the fact that she gets over $330,000 a year in farm subsidies.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM  
fustrated genius

I missed it, shucks!!, spend spend spend the money you made and the money you'll ever make. Yup, SOS. Boo says the reps, yeah says the dems, either way, we loose. All the republicans can say is "Reagan, Reagan, Reagan" and the democrats, "spend, spend, spend".
Old 01-25-2012, 04:22 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Before Obama the presidents with the biggest deficits were Reagan and the 2 Bushes
Old 01-25-2012, 04:31 PM  

It was a good campaign speech.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post

what I would like to know is who "boohed" when obama spoke of ending legal insider trading in congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I missed it, shucks!!, spend spend spend the money you made and the money you'll ever make. Yup, SOS. Boo says the reps, yeah says the dems, either way, we loose. All the republicans can say is "Reagan, Reagan, Reagan" and the democrats, "spend, spend, spend".
both will spend, republicans will give it all to defense contractors and big business subsidies, democrats will spend it on a large variety of programs, the only republican running is Ron Paul, all the other are just big government/big spenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Before Obama the presidents with the biggest deficits were Reagan and the 2 Bushes
and much of Obama's debt came from cleaning up the huge mess the last bush left behind

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!