Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
I wonder why federal employees were forced to join the medicare program. It would seem that they had the best insurance program in the land? Could it have been just to pump money into a financially failing program?
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:52 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I wonder why federal employees were forced to join the medicare program. It would seem that they had the best insurance program in the land? Could it have been just to pump money into a financially failing program?
yes eddie I noticed how you ignored my post and posted a distraction post......
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM  
MRB
Senior Member
 
MRB's Avatar

Sacramento, California
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 389 | Kudos: +56
I own my own business. I personally have a PPO health insurance policy. Since Obama care passed my monthly rates have gone up drasticaly in a much shoter time than usual increases. Just my observation.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:07 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
I own my own business. I personally have a PPO health insurance policy. Since Obama care passed my monthly rates have gone up drasticaly in a much shoter time than usual increases. Just my observation.
which must be due to ObamaCare despite that so far no real additional regulations have taken effect....... as well as none of the premium reducing aspects either
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:25 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Yep. Obamacare caused the Boston bombing and the Texas explosion, too.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
I own my own business. I personally have a PPO health insurance policy. Since Obama care passed my monthly rates have gone up drasticaly in a much shoter time than usual increases. Just my observation.
I will observe that the Individual Mandate, the main component of Obamacare, has not been enacted yet.

I will also observe that a hell of a lot of people are getting premium refunds thanks to the cap requiring insurers to pay a certain percentage of premiums for actual care instead of administration and profit.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:46 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
yes eddie I noticed how you ignored my post and posted a distraction post......
Your comments didn't merit any discussion.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:26 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
The Obamacare surcharge is what will drive premiums up according to BCBS. Any insurance company that sells plans on the exchange will have to pay the 3.5% surcharge so insurance companies will have to build that cost into their plans. The federal subsidies that make the individual mandate affordable will impact those of us who pay taxes.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:43 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The Obamacare surcharge is what will drive premiums up according to BCBS. Any insurance company that sells plans on the exchange will have to pay the 3.5% surcharge so insurance companies will have to build that cost into their plans. The federal subsidies that make the individual mandate affordable will impact those of us who pay taxes.
Eddie, tell me what surcharge I currently pay when uninsured jackasses go to the ER for the sniffles, receive emergency treatment, refuse to pay, and the hospital tacks it onto my bill. Then tell me how many of these people will purchase insurance so that the hospital actually gets paid for their treatment so I don't have to cover their medical care with my insurance.

Tell me how it impacts my premiums, Eddie, when the insurance pool is expanded to include those generally healthy people who don't currently purchase insurance.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:19 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Nothing, Eddie? Can you even begin to tell me how much my care is marked up because of uninsured, non-paying jackasses who use the Emergency Room for non-emergency uses?

Can you tell me what it costs me when these uninsured jackasses forego inexpensive, routine medical care, and ignore simple, easily treated conditions until they require expensive emergency treatment?
__________________

__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.