Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM  

I wonder why federal employees were forced to join the medicare program. It would seem that they had the best insurance program in the land? Could it have been just to pump money into a financially failing program?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:52 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I wonder why federal employees were forced to join the medicare program. It would seem that they had the best insurance program in the land? Could it have been just to pump money into a financially failing program?
yes eddie I noticed how you ignored my post and posted a distraction post......

Old 04-21-2013, 08:42 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I own my own business. I personally have a PPO health insurance policy. Since Obama care passed my monthly rates have gone up drasticaly in a much shoter time than usual increases. Just my observation.
Old 04-21-2013, 09:07 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
I own my own business. I personally have a PPO health insurance policy. Since Obama care passed my monthly rates have gone up drasticaly in a much shoter time than usual increases. Just my observation.
which must be due to ObamaCare despite that so far no real additional regulations have taken effect....... as well as none of the premium reducing aspects either
Old 04-22-2013, 05:25 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Yep. Obamacare caused the Boston bombing and the Texas explosion, too.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:32 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
I will observe that the Individual Mandate, the main component of Obamacare, has not been enacted yet.

I will also observe that a hell of a lot of people are getting premium refunds thanks to the cap requiring insurers to pay a certain percentage of premiums for actual care instead of administration and profit.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
yes eddie I noticed how you ignored my post and posted a distraction post......
Your comments didn't merit any discussion.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 PM  

The Obamacare surcharge is what will drive premiums up according to BCBS. Any insurance company that sells plans on the exchange will have to pay the 3.5% surcharge so insurance companies will have to build that cost into their plans. The federal subsidies that make the individual mandate affordable will impact those of us who pay taxes.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:43 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The Obamacare surcharge is what will drive premiums up according to BCBS. Any insurance company that sells plans on the exchange will have to pay the 3.5% surcharge so insurance companies will have to build that cost into their plans. The federal subsidies that make the individual mandate affordable will impact those of us who pay taxes.
Eddie, tell me what surcharge I currently pay when uninsured jackasses go to the ER for the sniffles, receive emergency treatment, refuse to pay, and the hospital tacks it onto my bill. Then tell me how many of these people will purchase insurance so that the hospital actually gets paid for their treatment so I don't have to cover their medical care with my insurance.

Tell me how it impacts my premiums, Eddie, when the insurance pool is expanded to include those generally healthy people who don't currently purchase insurance.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Nothing, Eddie? Can you even begin to tell me how much my care is marked up because of uninsured, non-paying jackasses who use the Emergency Room for non-emergency uses?

Can you tell me what it costs me when these uninsured jackasses forego inexpensive, routine medical care, and ignore simple, easily treated conditions until they require expensive emergency treatment?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!