Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2011, 04:35 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Let's see, how long did Obama have a democratic congress at his disposal? And isn't that when he did his reckless porkulous spending claiming he was saving the economy?
1.) the democrats don't work well as a group, the republicans are easier to buy off
2.) it was one time spending, not a continual spending issue like the republicans greatly expanded during bush with no concerns about the debt limit
3.) republicans claimed the stimulus money would create jobs, at least when they asked for money from the stimulus program
4.) how do you magically know it didn't work, how can you claim to magically know more then most economists and claim it didn't help stop the freefall?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:52 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
1.) the democrats don't work well as a group, the republicans are easier to buy off
2.) it was one time spending, not a continual spending issue like the republicans greatly expanded during bush with no concerns about the debt limit
3.) republicans claimed the stimulus money would create jobs, at least when they asked for money from the stimulus program
4.) how do you magically know it didn't work, how can you claim to magically know more then most economists and claim it didn't help stop the freefall?
Both democrats and republicans were apparently too easily bought off, one time spending grew the debt and turned out to be unrestrained pork and earmarks, democrats and republicans alike sold us on job creation but states used the money for public sector jobs (normally funded out of state budgets), and there's just no way public sector jobs stopped any free-fall or added any jobs. The fear of Obamacare is holding back small business new starts and expansions.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:03 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Both democrats and republicans were apparently too easily bought off, one time spending grew the debt and turned out to be unrestrained pork and earmarks, democrats and republicans alike sold us on job creation but states used the money for public sector jobs (normally funded out of state budgets), and there's just no way public sector jobs stopped any free-fall or added any jobs. The fear of Obamacare is holding back small business new starts and expansions.
don't even start acting like they are even, every policy the republicans put forward has been entirely been bought for by big business, they won't even allow mortgage forms to be required to be straightfoward, want mandatory binding arbitration, etc....

you really think the democrats enacting obamacare were acting according to big business? as insurers ran ads against the health care act?

come on, to even sugest that both parties are bought equally is absurd.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:49 PM  

Quote:
don't even start acting like they are even, every policy the republicans put forward has been entirely been bought for by big business, they won't even allow mortgage forms to be required to be straightfoward, want mandatory binding arbitration, etc....

you really think the democrats enacting obamacare were acting according to big business? as insurers ran ads against the health care act?

Absurd . . . . ? Really?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:24 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:

I think that the Democrats are more interested in buying......votes.
Don't get me wrong, they are likely bought also... Don't pretend that the Unions don't hook up dems with some pretty sweet campaign donations...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I think that the Democrats are more interested in buying......votes.
Don't get me wrong, they are likely bought also... Don't pretend that the Unions don't hook up dems with some pretty sweet campaign donations...
absolutely, which tends to be a bit closer to what was likely the original intent as it is in the favor of the people. Republicans have pushed bills trying to make it illegal (or otherwise restrict) unions contributing to campaign while at the same time pushing to allow unlimited campaign money from corporations......
Old 08-14-2011, 02:07 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
absolutely, which tends to be a bit closer to what was likely the original intent as it is in the favor of the people..
Buying votes???? Once over 50% is bought there is no turning back. It is game over for the country.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Buying votes???? Once over 50% is bought there is no turning back. It is game over for the country.
buying votes is not the same or even that related to what we are talking about? what is with the non-nonsensical jump there? I'm not seeing the connection between campaign funding and outright buying votes.....

if you are going by money going into the system then corporations to republicans wins hands down.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
buying votes is not the same or even that related to what we are talking about? what is with the non-nonsensical jump there? I'm not seeing the connection between campaign funding and outright buying votes.....

if you are going by money going into the system then corporations to republicans wins hands down.
Promise of entitlements is buying votes. Your comments about republicans being bought led me to point out that the dems are more into buying votes. Dems do get bought by the labor unions. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that washington is dirty all over and all sides are guilty. The key is to remove the power to give from the politicians whether it is legislative favortism or giving of entitlements. Those powers are the root of the problem.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:26 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Promise of entitlements is buying votes. Your comments about republicans being bought led me to point out that the dems are more into buying votes. Dems do get bought by the labor unions. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that washington is dirty all over and all sides are guilty. The key is to remove the power to give from the politicians whether it is legislative favortism or giving of entitlements. Those powers are the root of the problem.
according to that line of thinking a politician doing ANYTHING of the will of the people is buying votes. you forget they work for the PEOPLE, if they do what the PEOPLE WANT then they will get votes, THAT IS THEIR JOB, THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT IN A DEMOCRACY and how it WILL work.

if you don't like politicians doing what the people want may I suggest moving to a non-democratic country.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads