Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-14-2011, 07:47 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
tax breaks for the wealthy DO NOT help the economy (with facts and data!)

Conservative Tax Tricks

there is a lot of stuff on this page, but essentially tax increases have led to a better economic environment then tax decreases with improved wages for workers with real economic growth when the rich was taxed more.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 PM  

Written by the IAF and CAF..... It claims to be bipartisan, but sure fooled me after researching those on that foundation.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:58 PM  
Traveler

I generally stay out of these debates because they accomplish not a thing and the right is so intent on starting crap, but I will say that tax breaks for the wealthy do boost at least "their" economies while everyone elses lags behind. I'm living proof of that! Thanks for the facts!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 PM  

Kent, Ohio
The greater the taxes, the greater the incentive to avoid taxes. The way to avoid taxes but maintain or improve your lifestyle is to pay more deductible expenses and grow your own business.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:17 AM  

Well we know one thing for certain. Obama has not helped the economy!
Old 08-15-2011, 05:49 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Well we know one thing for certain. Obama has not helped the economy!
for certain you say? I have asked you time and time again for this certainty crap you keep suggesting but yet you never come forward with anything.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
for certain you say? I have asked you time and time again for this certainty crap you keep suggesting but yet you never come forward with anything.
Sorry to ruffle your feathers but there is no evidence that Obama has helped the economy.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Sorry to ruffle your feathers but there is no evidence that Obama has helped the economy.
I beg to diffa! I had a government stimulous job for about a year making nearly $40 an hour with every benifit known to man including retirement, something I'd love to be able to do one day! So Obama helped my economy anyways.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:01 PM  

^^MIAB, I believe you are an exception to the rule. Just look around....look at the food give away lines....look at the closed businesses, look at all the people who are demanding extensions of their unemployment benefits, read the newspapers....things are bleak at best these days. Just today, LA County unemployment was increased to 12.9%, the highest it has been since the Depression.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:10 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
^^MIAB, I believe you are an exception to the rule. Just look around....look at the food give away lines....look at the closed businesses, look at all the people who are demanding extensions of their unemployment benefits, read the newspapers....things are bleak at best these days. Just today, LA County unemployment was increased to 12.9%, the highest it has been since the Depression.
Well the extreme wealthy aren't hurting that's for sure. Just us bottom feeders. I was speaking of my economy so to speak, but no you're correct that things are real bad and they started the very day Obama came into office! No, truth is and this has been mentioned before, but I'll mention again. Clinton left a surplus..........Bush blew the surplus on some stupid uneeded wars, and other things. The economy was pretty much crashed when Bush said here you go Bama. Fix this sh..! I need to take a nap for work.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!