Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 AM  

TEA Party's War to Save America

While being called names such as terrorists and worse the TEA Party continues to try to save the nation. The debt fix saves little and is called a first step that would not have been accomplished without TEA Party influence. It isn't really even a first step as the baseline isn't touched. The cuts are not real as they are merely cuts in proposed spending over a decade. IOW we are going to charge a bit less. The TEA Party is vilified over a push for a balanced budget amendment, even though a balanced budget can't save us. Within a decade the national debt will soar to more than $20 trillion. If we can't find a solution for $14.3 trillion and stoop to name calling for anyone suggesting a viable solution what will happen by 2020? After reading the novel "One Second After" where civilization is all but lost withing a few weeks after a national disaster I hesitate to even think what might happen. We see the venom already spewing in these forums while party blinders and loyalties remain firmly in place.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:58 AM  
Traveler

Eddie, if the teaparty was so concerned about saving America, they'd consider revenue increases on the extreme wealthy, but as this topic is totally of the table where they are concerned, this really is an issue of "Media Spotlighting". Sensible cuts coupled with revenue generating sacrafices are the real answer not asking just the poor to carry the burden.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:14 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Eddie, if the teaparty was so concerned about saving America, they'd consider revenue increases on the extreme wealthy, but as this topic is totally of the table where they are concerned, this really is an issue of "Media Spotlighting". Sensible cuts coupled with revenue generating sacrafices are the real answer not asking just the poor to carry the burden.
What do you consider "extreme wealthy?

What is the dollar threshold for being in the "extreme wealthy" catagory?
Old 08-03-2011, 02:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
John McCain defined wealthy as $5 million. That works fine for me.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:23 PM  

Taxing the wealthy to fund folly is not justified. Taxing the wealthy without a plan is just like pouring scout water on a fire.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:44 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Taxing the wealthy without a plan is just like pouring scout water on a fire.
we has a plan..........
TEA Party's War to Save America-eat_the_rich_acrylic_on_canvas_by_scart.jpg 

Old 08-03-2011, 05:58 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
1.) debt to gpd matters, throwing out how many trillion or billion here is absolutely irrelevant- we are not drowning in debt we are fairly comparable debt wise to where we have been in the past, yes higher but not dramatically so.
2.)then let's raise taxes, we are aat the lowest tax rates for the rich in over 60 years!!!!!!, if we raised them just a little we could easily pay down the debt
3.) with the tea party's agenda of dismantle all government programs, reduce it to nothing, save america----- what kind of america is left, I'm thinking third world country or at a minimum an aristocratic/peasant society
Old 08-03-2011, 10:10 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I think the biggest gripe for most that don't have is the extension of the Bush tax cuts regarding capitol gains and inheritance tax.

Right now where I live capitol gains is about 8% to the state and about 16% to the feds. Oh, also in 2005 they passed a 1% millionare tax here. So capitol gains is about 25% here. You can do a 1031 exchange in equal to greater value property to defer captiol gains taxes. But thats been problematic for quite a few years now as the feds have cut the time to about 45 days to identify a property to exchange into. Jacking Capitol gains back up to the 40% range is not far down the road and this will really further stall the economy. IMO the State and the Feds are criminals for this tax.

Inheritance tax........ Feds and State are criminals for this tax as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!