Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Again, calling people nazis is not gonna solve the ISSUE of IMMIGRATION.
We need fewer rednecks and far more family oriented Mexicans. Perhaps we could set up a peckerwood for future citizens trade organization?
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-peckerwood-hill-prison-cemetery.-huntsville-texas.jpg 

Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
We need fewer rednecks and far more family oriented Mexicans. Perhaps we could set up a peckerwood for future citizens trade organization?
now you're just being silly . . . why don't you google up redneck and find out what you're saying

Old 09-27-2011, 12:38 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
......where good people frequently get screwed over through no fault of their own, and deserve society's help and support to overcome that screwing. The tea party seems to think that either such people don't exist, or if they do, should be condemned anyway.

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE IN THAT WORLD. If the price of living in my world is that I am forced to occasionally help people who don't deserve the help; that I am occasionally scammed; that undeserving people benefit from my efforts, ......
I believe that the ones who get screwed "by no fault of their own" are a smaller number than most want you to believe... I also think that the number of "feeders" only grows the more you feed them. It is definitely unfortunate. It is unfortunate that our system discourages communities assisting (I believe there would be more accountability in community assistance) and encourages nanny state mentality. I do like the idea of helping those truly in need. I have a hard time believing ANYONE with a car payment, cable, iphone, or a manicure is in need by "no fault of their own".

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 09-27-2011, 12:46 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I have a hard time believing ANYONE with a car payment, cable, iphone, or a manicure is in need by "no fault of their own".
The Sword and the ploughshare:

Someone must be watching you.

Quote:
In view of the considerations offered in the first two posts, there are two targets we must keep in our sights to guide us in this issue: greed and love. The former we must always be on guard against, the latter we must always be guided by. If we are protesting taxation because we think that we're entitled to more of our own income and we don't want anyone else to get their grubby hands on it, then we should probably reconsider our protest--it is probably not a godly one.
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-imuoaf.jpg 

Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM  

Greenville, SC
I will also chime in on the immigration issue. Just to be clear I DO NOT HOLD IT AGAINST THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO COME INTO THIS COUNTRY. The reason, is that I understand that there is a "better life" over here and that I would probably do the same thing. My problems are with the systems we have in place that cost us piles of money and jobs. I find a solution to most of it would be the Fair tax. Do away with all taxes but sales tax. Voila. The illegals would then pay their fair share based on what they spend. Oh, and since employers would no longer gain from hiring the illegals then more americans would find work.

Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM  

Greenville, SC
Blucher, "If we are protesting taxation because we think that we're entitled to more of our own income and we don't want anyone else to get their grubby hands on it, then we should probably reconsider our protest--it is probably not a godly one."

Good thing that is not why. (Oh, and we have been through this so many times(sigh))...
This is certainly a misrepresentation of my beliefs. I do not think that I should give up more of my income to enable someone to live beyond their means. If I do not live beyond my means (by chosing to do without MANY things) then why should I have to give others my money so they can?? Idiotic.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:02 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
This is certainly a misrepresentation of my beliefs.
Actually it appears to be your core belief repeated over and over in your posts.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 PM  
fustrated genius

FIRST ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT ARRESTED and taken to San Diego . . . read below

Break the law . . .go to jail.
Teacher calls local Tea Party president a Nazi-pattie.png 

Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Actually it appears to be your core belief repeated over and over in your posts.
Our definition of greed must clearly be different. Mine:

Greed: noun /grēd/ 

1.Intense and selfish desire for something, esp. wealth, power, or food.
excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

Yours must be something along the lines of:

Greed: noun /grēd/ 

1.Intense and selfish desire to keep what you earn, esp. wealth, power, or food.
Anything that doesn't include paying for others to desire, acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-27-2011, 02:07 PM  
fustrated genius

The fact remains, after ALL the name calling, after ALL feeling sorry for the "poor illegal" that if they come to the US illegally, they broke the law to get here and they are beaking the law by staying here and need to go to JAIL.

What is needed to do is . . .1. SHUT the borders down, don't make it so easy for them to sneak in 2. STOP the incentives to come here illegally 3. Come up with a Interstate ID system 4. provide an easier route to come to the US LEGALLY

Once this is done THEN we can start determining what about those here already illegally without amesty. Jail time then . . .?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!