Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
My opinions are this, laws need to change, (and here we go on another tangent), pot, cocaine should be legal. That would reduce the power of these drug cartels and bring in revenue tax. There are many good people from neighboring countries trying to get here, coyotes, cartels leave them in the desert to die, force them to pay ridiculas amounts to get here, and hold their families hostage if they can't pay.
We need to make immigration easier so people are NOT illegals.
Agree
Quote:
That doesn't include amnesty for those who broke the laws. Forging documentation, licenses, SS cards, etc.etc., is what many of these people have been up to.
Ok, I see what you're saying. I would tend to agree, however, I'd still point the finger at the laws that created the incentive to do these in the first place. Complete amnesty may not be the appropriate response to these laws, but given the mitigating circumstances, I think leniency is in order in a lot of these cases.
Quote:
As I said, you in Ohio have no idea, this is not a cut dry issue of handing out cards to everyone. Identity theft is ramped and that is a seperate crime in and of itself, they need to go to jail for these crimes. These illegals are criminal and are not the same types of people in many cases that you standardly are thinking of. For instance, when years ago, an immigrant came here, they instantly made preperations to naturalize to citizenship. Now they BUY papers and docs and cheat the system, that's criminal.
You yourself have said that the immigration system needs to be overhauled to reduce the incentive for people to go to such an effort. Solve that problem, and the question of whether or not amnesty is justified or deserved will become moot.
Quote:

You want to hand out free reign to these kinds of people without screening? I would like to ask you this question, Do you personally know any illegal immigrants? I do. And I will tell you what they are likely to do wth that card you're proposing to hand out. They would report for unemployment benefits with it, work off of another set of ID with another card , then sign up for welfare with yet another ID. Do you understand that?
THOSE kind of people, yes, jail them. I wouldn't suggest amnesty for that level of illegal activity. BUT, when someone requires a taxpayer ID to work, and you refuse to provide one over some bureaucratic bull****, you don't get to be surprised when they figure out how to get around your rules.

As far as screening is concerned, if they are such a threat that they shouldn't be allowed to take a job in the US, they shouldn't be allowed in the US in the first place. If they are allowed to be in the US, they should be allowed to pay taxes in the US.
Quote:
If you are willing to break federal immigration laws to get here, chances are you would also engage in other criminal activities, not ALWAYS, but chances are yes. It's time people start taking responcibility for their criminal acts and stop making excuses for it, that's all, criminals need to go to jail or otherwise take responcibility for their crimes. I had to when I broke the law, what makes them so special that they don't need to?
Nothing makes them special. The idiocy of the current law mitigates their responsibility as far as being in the US, working without proper identification, etc. Collecting benefits reserved for citizens, damaging another's credit - those activities extend past the line of criminal behavior that I would be willing to tolerate in these circumstances.
Quote:
Well it's been nice discussing this with you, I must admit you have some good ideas, even though you are condenscending and from Ohio.

Hasta
I've been called worse things by better people.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:14 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Agree

I've been called worse things by better people.

Well, if the Obamacrats and the rePalincans could agree on as many points as we did, maybe Washington could get something done for a change, but don't count on that either.

I'm sure you have...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.