Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

To all three of you above.... Yeah, Teds a true man of honor. At least the Muslim extremists will back up their words with action when it comes to fulfilling a promise......Oh, and I'm sorry to select people who actually gave something back rather than just take take take. I'd be kinda inclined to ask who you view as your heros but I think I'll pass. I'm trying to cut back on stupid. I'm done with this facist craphole. Later dudes!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:58 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
To all three of you above.... Yeah, Teds a true man of honor. At least the Muslim extremists will back up their words with action when it comes to fulfilling a promise......Oh, and I'm sorry to select people who actually gave something back rather than just take take take. I'd be kinda inclined to ask who you view as your heros but I think I'll pass. I'm trying to cut back on stupid. I'm done with this facist craphole. Later dudes!

Back up their words with action when it comes to fulfilling a promise?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/

Increase the capital gains and dividends taxes for higher-income taxpayers
Expand the child and dependent care credit
Create a foreclosure prevention fund for homeowners
Provide option for a pre-filled-out tax form
Create a mortgage interest tax credit for non-itemizers
Require automatic enrollment in 401(k) plans
Require automatic enrollment in IRA plans
Create a retirement savings tax credit for low incomes
End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000
End no-bid contracts above $25,000
Create a $60 billion bank to fund roads and bridges
Repeal the Bush tax cuts for higher incomes
Phase out exemptions and deductions for higher earners
Sign the Employee Free Choice Act, making it easier for workers to unionize
Lift the payroll tax cap on earnings above $250,000
Forbid companies in bankruptcy from giving executives bonuses
Allow workers to claim more in unpaid wages and benefits in bankruptcy court
Allow imported prescription drugs
Prevent drug companies from blocking generic drugs
Allow Medicare to negotiate for cheaper drug prices

ALL promises broken by Obama. (Oh, and that was the first of 5 pages.) I know, there may be excuses as to why he broke the promises. Doesn't matter, ever heard the phrase "don't write a check you can't cash?"

Oh, and your comment about "giving back":

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...itable-giving/

Quote:
Mitt Romney's presidential campaign is releasing a brief summary of 20 years of tax returns on Friday, and his accountant says it will show he gave 13.45 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities.

That's nearly twice the rate of President Obama, who according to his tax returns from 2000 through 2011 donated just less than 7 percent of his adjusted gross income to charities.

Mr. Romney's campaign did not release his returns, but instead had his trustee, Brad Malt, write a blog post giving some details of returns from 1990 through 2009.

The campaign has released Mr. Romney's 2010 return and, later Friday, will release his 2011 return, which he filed with the IRS earlier in the day.

That return will show Mr. Romney and his wife Ann paid $1.9 million in taxes on income of $13.7 million, for a rate of 14.1 percent, Mr. Malt said. Most of that income is from investments, which are usually taxed at a lower rate than salary or wages.

Mr. Malt said the Romneys would have had an even lower tax burden if they'd claimed the full deduction for all of their charitable giving in 2011, but said they "limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years."

When charitable contributions and federal and state taxes are combined, it amounted to 38.5 percent of the Romneys' income, the trustee said.

Mr. Malt said the Romneys have owed taxes in each of the years in question — which contradicts a charge Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, issued earlier this summer.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 11-09-2012, 05:19 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Back up their words with action when it comes to fulfilling a promise?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...romise-broken/
Pretty sure he was talking about actual muslim extremists. The ones who backed up their words with bombs and airplanes.

Obama could hardly be described as a Muslim extremist.
Quote:

Oh, and your comment about "giving back":

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...itable-giving/
Romney's "Charitable Donations" were predominantly to the Mormon church.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:49 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Pretty sure he was talking about actual muslim extremists. The ones who backed up their words with bombs and airplanes.

PLEASE don't misinterpret what I said as accusing Obama of being a muslim extremist be cause that was not my intent.

So what was the post talking about? What promises weren't kept and by whome? The post isn't very clear...
Anyway, Obama isn't known for keeping promises was MY point....

As far as Romneys cheritable giving going to the Morman church... So what? Most of my giving goes to my church. Are you saying that "doesn't count" or something?

Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
PLEASE don't misinterpret what I said as accusing Obama of being a muslim extremist be cause that was not my intent.

I read the post about backing up promises to read that Romney didn't back up promises... Whatever it meant all I am saying is that their candidate isn't necessarily known for "backing up promises"...
Ah. I read that as "Ted Nugent threatened to commit a crime that would result in his death or incarceration and nobody thinks he has the testicular fortitude to actually follow through on that threat. Terrorists at least have the conviction to follow through on their threats. "

I think it's Nugent that isn't backing up his "promises". I don't think criticism of Romney had yet entered this particular thread.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Ah. I read that as "Ted Nugent threatened to commit a crime that would result in his death or incarceration and nobody thinks he has the testicular fortitude to actually follow through on that threat. Terrorists at least have the conviction to follow through on their threats. "

I think it's Nugent that isn't backing up his "promises". I don't think criticism of Romney had yet entered this particular thread.
Okay. If that is where the post was IDK where I was. Anyway. We already established that it is Ted Nugent. That's why he said it and that's why he didn't follow through. He's a nut. I don't dislike him (don't really know much about him) but from what I have seen he is a nut.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:18 AM  
American

Quote:

I will stop short of confirming obummer as a muslim extremist ...for this post anyway but I will point out what you posted is not proof he is not.

Bin Laden never actually strapped on a bomb or flew an airplane into a building ether but I think we can agree he was a muslim extremist.
obummer is a threat to our society, muslim or not.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
I will stop short of confirming obummer as a muslim extremist ...for this post anyway but I will point out what you posted is not proof he is not.

Bin Laden never actually strapped on a bomb or flew an airplane into a building ether but I think we can agree he was a muslim extremist.
obummer is a threat to our society, muslim or not.
I do believe that Obama is SYMPATHETIC to the Muslim "cause" and culture.

I DEFINITELY think Obama is a direct threat to our society and traditional America.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:50 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
I don't know, I think I'm in good company myself. At least I side with the people who make sense, have compation and are more Christ like. Personally, you're on the loosing end so I'm thinking that you yourself are having the bad luck, and by the way....... I'd rather keep company with fine folks like Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpten and President Barack Obama. These folks have far more class, a beating heart and intelligence than ol' Terrible Ted. I couldn't stand that d' hole even when I liked rock. Nighty night.....
Hmmmm....."Christ" like?? Ya step'n out there Rainbow. Read below...I fixed it for you.

"I don't know, I think I'm in good company with myself. At least I side with the people who make sense, have compation and are more worldly. Personally, you're on the loosing end so I'm thinking that you yourself are having the bad luck, and by the way....... I'd rather keep company with fine folks like Fred Rogers, Jimmy Carter, Al Sharpten and President Barack Obama. These folks have far more class, a beating heart and intelligence than ol' Terrible Ted. I couldn't stand that d' hole even when I liked rock. Nighty night...."

There. That's better....just say'n.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:11 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Quote:
I do believe that Obama is SYMPATHETIC to the Muslim "cause" and culture.

I DEFINITELY think Obama is a direct threat to our society and traditional America.
No more than the tax exempt churches on every corner here in America.

The 'muslim cause' (if I interpret correctly) is all about my blood and the blood of my children.

These places of 'worship' are about my blood, sweat, AND tears.
Its a wonder why my property taxes are so ridiculous - Someones gotta foot the bill.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads