Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2013, 12:34 PM  

Greenville, SC
Ticket for driving too slowly

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...h-in-a-65-zone

Quote:
A Maryland woman was shocked after she received a traffic ticket on Interstate 95 — because it wasn't for speeding.

In fact, she was driving 2 mph under the speed limit.

The driver, who didn’t want her name used, told NBC Washington she was driving in the left lane of I-95 in Laurel last Friday when she was pulled over and cited for failing to move right.

According to the citation, she had been driving 63 mph in a 65 mph zone.

“[I was] really shocked,” she said. “I thought, ‘Oh, my God, you’ve got to be kidding me.’”

Advertise | AdChoicesThis was the first time she had gotten a ticket. She said there was heavy wind and she had slowed down to be safe.

“Sometimes when it’s dangerous, you have to do what you can to stay safe,” she said.

NBC Washington meteorologist Doug Kammerer said that winds were gusting at about 40 mph that day.

“The reason [the ticket] is silly is because it's sending the wrong message,” said John Townsend of AAA Mid-Atlantic. “And that is, ‘We will tolerate you driving at more than the speed limit, but it you drive below the speed limit, then you’re penalized for that.’”

The driver has filed a complaint with Maryland State Police and plans to fight the ticket.

While police said they can’t comment on this specific ticket, they said that driving too slowly can impede traffic, and that anyone who wants to fight a citation can do so in court.

It's about time!!! This article is somewhat misleading. In the title it simply says that she was "ticketed for driving too slowly". Seems to me, it is more like "impeding traffic in the PASSING LANE!!" The latter is something that is dangerous and needs to be addressed more often.

Some folks are just idiots.

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM  

Should give tickets for people driving slowly ..... These people cause accidents and create road rage .... Sock it to em

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!