Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2011, 02:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Trump's Hair on "Birther" ticket

Quote:
How will the slate of GOP presidential candidates handle the birthers?

Possible candidate Donald Trump provided one answer Thursday when in an interview he inaccurately suggested that President Obama?s childhood and background, documented in two books by Obama as well as a number of biographies, is a mystery.
?He grew up and nobody knew him. You know? When you interview people, if ever I got the nomination, if I ever decide to run, you may go back and interview people from my kindergarten. They?ll remember me,? Trump said on ABC?s ?Good Morning America.? ?Nobody ever comes forward. Nobody knows who he his until later in his life. It?s very strange. The whole thing is very strange.?

The incident highlights the challenges that lie ahead for GOP presidential candidates who will be forced to confront the mix of myths, falsehoods and innuendo around the president?s religion, birth and childhood that have been stirred up by some in their base. A Washington Post poll in April 2010 showed 31 percent of Republicans wrongly believe that Obama was born in another country. He was born in Hawaii.
HTML Code:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/potential-gop-candidates-face-birther-question/2011/03/16/ABnx1Em_story.html
Trump's Hair on "Birther" ticket-tpan.jpg 

Trump's Hair on "Birther" ticket-t6.jpg 

Trump's Hair on "Birther" ticket-hair-pan.jpg 

Old 03-29-2011, 12:38 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Birther Backlash:

Birther Backlash: Turns Out, Donald Trump?s ?Birth Certificate? Isn?t Legitimate - TIME NewsFeed

Birther Backlash: Turns Out, Donald Trump's Birth Certificate Isn't Legitimate

Quote:
You know what they say about karma, Donald.
After making a to-do about President Obama's so-called failure to produce a valid birth certificate (really? still?), Donald Trump graciously went out of his way to put everyone's mind at ease by producing his own.
(More on TIME.com: Birther was a top buzzword of 2009)
However, Politico is reporting that the document Trump has produced isn't an official document, merely a hospital "certificate of birth." Whoops! An official birth certificate can only be issued by the Department of Health, reports Politico, and "would have the agency's seal and also a signature of the city registrar - neither of which the Trump document has."
The document Trump produced reads "Jamaica Hospital" at the top and the date of birth of a Donald Trump. It's possible the document is from the Jamaica Hospital in Queens, but who can know for sure? He doesn't have the official document in his hands.
Sure, Trump's birthplace is still a mystery. But NewsFeed doesn't think we'll ever answer the true, years-old question ? what, exactly, is up with the hair?
Trump's Hair on "Birther" ticket-trumph_g.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!