Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2010, 09:26 PM  

Fort Wayne, Indiana
United States of China?

It's stimulus money borrowed from China at work...now we Americans will have to work for China to pay back nearly 900 billion we owe them.

But no one mentions the nearly 800 billion that Japan holds for us. In fact no one seems to mention that we owe a total of 2.37 TRILLION dollars to foreign concerns. I just wonder, if the nations debt is 14 trillion plus interest accumulating at a rate of 400 billion a year, what happens if a country like China wants their money? and we say, gee we ain't got it. How will they extract the money from us?

Old 10-31-2010, 07:25 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Kinda of a scary thought huh...

Old 10-31-2010, 07:47 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
If you have not prepared.....beyond the obvious, this will be 90% mental, you will be devoured within the first few weeks. War is before us, not with China, either. Your time is short.

Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Old 10-31-2010, 08:39 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
China has a couple of huge jokers in the deck of its own to face---------neither of which have much to do with the USA.

#1: China's population has been below ZPG for ca. 30 years now and, not only is the avg age there increasing..........soon, that nation's population will start declining. Look at Japan for some insights. Already China is starting to face labor shortages which will soon start forcing wages up and will in essence price 'em out. Apparently, they only need to have a 30-40% cost increase to hit that 'tipping point'.

#2: China needs to keep a wary eye on India: its population is damn near as great-----and, is continuing to grow. India may be a POS nation at the present time, but, things can change-----------fast.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 AM  

I just completed reading the book, "Aftershock" (protect yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown), by David Weidemer. It was written last year, and some of the forecasts from the book have already occurred. It is not a doomsday book, but a great help for the next few years. I strongly recommend this read, and if you have any assets to potentially lose, it is a must.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:11 PM  

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
If you have not prepared.....beyond the obvious, this will be 90% mental, you will be devoured within the first few weeks. War is before us, not with China, either. Your time is short.

Scott
Do elaborate.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:12 PM  

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I just completed reading the book, "Aftershock" (protect yourself and Profit in the Next Global Financial Meltdown), by David Weidemer. It was written last year, and some of the forecasts from the book have already occurred. It is not a doomsday book, but a great help for the next few years. I strongly recommend this read, and if you have any assets to potentially lose, it is a must.
I'm going to look that book up at the library, thanks for sharing the info.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:36 PM  

Rochester, New York
First, we owe China far more than a few hundred billion. Second, we will default on our debt to China and everyone else because there is no way to pay it off.

War may well be coming. It may be regional or global. It may last a while or be brief. It may be against the Chinese, muslims, Mexicans or any number of others, or it may be against fellow citizens. The latter is my bet. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:22 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
First, we owe China far more than a few hundred billion. Second, we will default on our debt to China and everyone else because there is no way to pay it off.

War may well be coming. It may be regional or global. It may last a while or be brief. It may be against the Chinese, muslims, Mexicans or any number of others, or it may be against fellow citizens. The latter is my bet. I hope I'm wrong.
Tough call there.

Mexico: that country can kiss its a*s goodbye---------especially in light of it probably imploding due to its growing drug war.
China: I think not, just a feeling here.
Muslims: quite probable; not sure which group (Iran, Yemen, Somalia, etc.). I doubt we will tangle with Saudi or Kuwait since the powers to be there fear the Islamists than us Infidels.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads