Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 112 | Kudos: +17
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
Will, there is no will left in this country.

Borders Language Culture

The battle is within. Seriously, I'm far more concerned from the threat within our own border than any other country.

I've followed this trend for more that a decade myself, the attack has been ongoing for more than a century though, but a full frontal assult since the 1960s.

There is about 1% of us who understand the assult against us (1%ers) and about 3% willing to fight when the time comes, about he same 3% as in the first Revolution (3%ers), currently, the Counter Revolution.

No, our military is impotent, our leadership is currupt, and our commoner is fat and lazy and stupid, not to mention a coward.

You are now experiencing the days that were....and yet you have no idea.


Scott
Both Hitler and Tojo made those same mistakes 70 years ago----------they perceived the USA as a bunch of decadent, jitter bugging playboys. Just remember when threatened-----------we close ranks very fast and I pity the fool that threatened us. Methinks large swathes of the Islamic world will be fixin' to find out very soon if they don't rein in their Islamist pigs.
__________________

__________________
This space is empty :)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:54 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Both Hitler and Tojo made those same mistakes 70 years ago----------they perceived the USA as a bunch of decadent, jitter bugging playboys. Just remember when threatened-----------we close ranks very fast and I pity the fool that threatened us. Methinks large swathes of the Islamic world will be fixin' to find out very soon if they don't rein in their Islamist pigs.
QFT!

That's a fact that can not be ignored!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 28 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Both Hitler and Tojo made those same mistakes 70 years ago----------they perceived the USA as a bunch of decadent, jitter bugging playboys. Just remember when threatened-----------we close ranks very fast and I pity the fool that threatened us. Methinks large swathes of the Islamic world will be fixin' to find out very soon if they don't rein in their Islamist pigs.
You mean like the 9+ years we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah, we really went there to kick some ass.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:13 AM  
Senior Member
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar

Nashville, TN
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 493 | Kudos: +74
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV2 View Post
You mean like the 9+ years we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah, we really went there to kick some ass.
NOV2, it didn't take us long to achieve military victory in the regions. The problem is, we tried to establish some sort of sanity in an insane area of the world. If we would let the military do their job, and leave the politicians out of it, we wouldn't have nearly as many problems. But, the politicians just can't help themselves.

I think you owe the members of our armed services an apology sir.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:24 AM  
Junior Member

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
Will, there is no will left in this country.

Borders Language Culture

The battle is within. Seriously, I'm far more concerned from the threat within our own border than any other country.

I've followed this trend for more that a decade myself, the attack has been ongoing for more than a century though, but a full frontal assult since the 1960s.

There is about 1% of us who understand the assult against us (1%ers) and about 3% willing to fight when the time comes, about he same 3% as in the first Revolution (3%ers), currently, the Counter Revolution.

No, our military is impotent, our leadership is currupt, and our commoner is fat and lazy and stupid, not to mention a coward.

You are now experiencing the days that were....and yet you have no idea.


Scott
The military would not be impotent if we had military and political leaders that weren't impotent and corrupt. But it makes me very angry when someone like yourself calls our brave soldiers who are dying and getting wounded in battle as impotent and cowards, their not even close to being those things, it's Washington that binds their ability to do their job the way they've been taught and that is to destroy things and to kill. Our killing potency has gone way up from 5 to 1 (US soldier) in Korea, to 10 to 1 in Vietnam, to 20 to 1 in Iraq and Afganistan; in spite of our own politics our soldiers are doing a great job. I never want to hear you again speak badly of our troops.

And remember, all we're doing is repeating history of past civilizations, remember Rome? USA will probably desolve into the United Nations, if a civil war doesn't prevent it.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:30 AM  
Junior Member

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Both Hitler and Tojo made those same mistakes 70 years ago----------they perceived the USA as a bunch of decadent, jitter bugging playboys. Just remember when threatened-----------we close ranks very fast and I pity the fool that threatened us. Methinks large swathes of the Islamic world will be fixin' to find out very soon if they don't rein in their Islamist pigs.
Good point, but you missing one important thing. In WW2 we had the luxury of building a military while war was being raged, we no longer have that luxury, with the threat of nuke war it all will be over in a matter of 30 days or less...no time to build or rebuild. It will start out as a conventional war but as soon as one side figures out their losing the nukes will fly; and with our fast attack military the other side will determine their losing within 3 weeks of the conflict.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 112 | Kudos: +17
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOV2 View Post
You mean like the 9+ years we spent in Iraq and Afghanistan? Yeah, we really went there to kick some ass.
I inferred 'war' not a 'police action' a la Vietnam (with all due respect to our troops). The Gulf War of 1991 would have been an example of the former--------very decisive but only lasted a few weeks.
__________________
This space is empty :)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:56 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 112 | Kudos: +17
Images: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
Good point, but you missing one important thing. In WW2 we had the luxury of building a military while war was being raged, we no longer have that luxury, with the threat of nuke war it all will be over in a matter of 30 days or less...no time to build or rebuild. It will start out as a conventional war but as soon as one side figures out their losing the nukes will fly; and with our fast attack military the other side will determine their losing within 3 weeks of the conflict.
True that. Just remember that nukes fly both ways. We may wind up crispy crittered but, China and the Middle East (to name two possible scenarios) would be at least as bad off-----------if not totally destroyed.
__________________
This space is empty :)
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 28 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
NOV2, it didn't take us long to achieve military victory in the regions. The problem is, we tried to establish some sort of sanity in an insane area of the world. If we would let the military do their job, and leave the politicians out of it, we wouldn't have nearly as many problems. But, the politicians just can't help themselves.

I think you owe the members of our armed services an apology sir.
Either you have a simplist view of the ME or you assume that I do.

No I don't.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:02 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 28 | Kudos: +10
Quote:
Originally Posted by froze View Post
The military would not be impotent if we had military and political leaders that weren't impotent and corrupt. But it makes me very angry when someone like yourself calls our brave soldiers who are dying and getting wounded in battle as impotent and cowards, their not even close to being those things, it's Washington that binds their ability to do their job the way they've been taught and that is to destroy things and to kill. Our killing potency has gone way up from 5 to 1 (US soldier) in Korea, to 10 to 1 in Vietnam, to 20 to 1 in Iraq and Afganistan; in spite of our own politics our soldiers are doing a great job. I never want to hear you again speak badly of our troops.

And remember, all we're doing is repeating history of past civilizations, remember Rome? USA will probably desolve into the United Nations, if a civil war doesn't prevent it.
In defense of the person you quoted-

lsmurphy did not say that the military is cowadice, lsmurphy said that you are (the collective).
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.