Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-20-2011, 12:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It's more government that many of us don't want. In a nanny-state the government controls more and more. After all the leaders seek position, influence, power and wealth.
We're trying to save gullible folks from themselves.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:19 AM  

There is always seemingly legitimate argument by the "do-gooders" for more legislation. However, more legislation always leads to more minions and more meddling. I know of a motorcycle dealer who had bikes he couldn't sell due to lead content. Most kids don't chew on motorcycles, but don't try telling that to a minion. Seems to me the gullible ones are those who lean to an ever growing and unaffordable government to save them instead of just using common sense.

One of the funniest things I have seen on a job-site was an inept OSHA inspector with his toe caps, leggings, vest, hard-hat with goggles and etc. Workers had to hide to laugh, the poor guy looked like he was ready to walk on the moon. The sad thing is that he knew little about construction, but was ready to fill out that paperwork crossing t's and dotting i's.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.