Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 04-10-2013, 01:42 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Waterboy Media Supports Gun Control

Guns can be used to kill, as can knives and baseball bats. However many more lives are lost in abortion mills, some 50 million since Roe v Wade. The media panders to Obama's campaigning for gun control but fails to mention abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell's murder trial. I suppose testimony regarding his use of unfathomable abortion procedures might serve to draw too much attention to the whole abortion industry which is grisly by definition.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:47 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Here are a couple of pro gun control videos for you...


__________________

__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:30 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Guns can be used to kill, as can knives and baseball bats. However many more lives are lost in abortion mills, some 50 million since Roe v Wade. The media panders to Obama's campaigning for gun control but fails to mention abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell's murder trial. I suppose testimony regarding his use of unfathomable abortion procedures might serve to draw too much attention to the whole abortion industry which is grisly by definition.
I don't understand why such rhetoric about abortion is allowed consistently from you but I bring up how much of a human rights violation circumcision is and get threatened with a banning...

gun control has nothing to do with abortion.
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:07 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
I don't understand why such rhetoric about abortion is allowed consistently from you but I bring up how much of a human rights violation circumcision is and get threatened with a banning...

gun control has nothing to do with abortion.
Why are you so hung up on this whole circumcision thing anyway??? I don't even remember being circumcised... No big deal to me. Is this just another way to be anti-christian? Since the Bible mentions circumcision?
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
Why are you so hung up on this whole circumcision thing anyway??? I don't even remember being circumcised... No big deal to me. Is this just another way to be anti-christian? Since the Bible mentions circumcision?
Your argument would apply to all sorts of infant body modification. Under the "I don't even remember it being done" argument, parents should be allowed to tattoo murals on their infant children, or practice ritual scarring. As long as they do it before the infant is old enough to remember it, it's OK, right?
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 AM  
Senior Member

Greenville, SC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,141 | Kudos: +188
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Your argument would apply to all sorts of infant body modification. Under the "I don't even remember it being done" argument, parents should be allowed to tattoo murals on their infant children, or practice ritual scarring. As long as they do it before the infant is old enough to remember it, it's OK, right?
No, No, no... That isn't my "argument" in favor of it
(I'm not trying to argue in favor)... I was just trying to find out why he is so hung up on it.... I mean does he just look down there and HATE it or something?? Was it a botched procedure and they took too much?? All I was saying is surely it isn't because he is in some way psychologically scarred from the experience. I don't know... But yeah, I agree with you that not remembering isn't an argument in favor because that could be ANYTHING.
__________________
"A society that puts equality ... ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom."

--Milton Friedman (1912-2006)
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:52 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
No, No, no... That isn't my "argument" in favor of it
(I'm not trying to argue in favor)... I was just trying to find out why he is so hung up on it.... I mean does he just look down there and HATE it or something?? Was it a botched procedure and they took too much?? All I was saying is surely it isn't because he is in some way psychologically scarred from the experience. I don't know... But yeah, I agree with you that not remembering isn't an argument in favor because that could be ANYTHING.
more along the lines of the lifelong harm function and cosmetic wise and hatred of having the end result of such a genital mutilation, any amount is too much as it damages the natural function (I have to be careful here being too descriptive as this is a pg-13 forum that on this topic seems to be G rated stuff only, but do look it up, there are MANY reasons it is harmful).

oh and the bible like any other topic stuff for and against the horrific practice, and is actually rare historically speaking among christians, that only became so popular in the victorian era as it was thought to reduce "self-harm" as it probably did if you were old enough to experience it both ways, to put it in car terms if you have a honda civic can be fun, fast car, but not after having a ferrari..... basically saying it depends on perspective to see the harm and most men assume since they don't know what they are missing that they must not be missing anything.........
__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 AM  
Supporting Member
 
teaberryeagle's Avatar

Richmond, VA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,444 | Kudos: +200
Images: 16
[QUOTE=RedJeepXJ;147344]more along the lines of the lifelong harm function and cosmetic wise and hatred of having the end result of such a genital mutilation, any amount is too much as it damages the natural function (I have to be careful here being too descriptive as this is a pg-13 forum that on this topic seems to be G rated stuff only, but do look it up, there are MANY reasons it is harmful).
QUOTE]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't understand why you comment in there being a lifelong harm function....speaking from experience, if it is done in later life, then it will depend upon the surgeon performing the operation......they have the ability to complete it without damaging any of the original nerves or removing any of the original sensations available. So, there's not necessarily any lifelong harm.....just the resulting procedure to resolve the existing problem.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - A. Einstein

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM  
Supporting Member
 
teaberryeagle's Avatar

Richmond, VA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,444 | Kudos: +200
Images: 16
Here's an email you might like to peruse........


Quote:
Subject: URGENT


Rush Limbaugh: 12:15 today reported that New York City is using prescription records to revoke gun licenses. Lawyer representing a client on an anti- anxiety drug ( like Paxil, Zoloft, Prosac) said his client's gun license in New York is being pulled BECAUSE HE IS ON AN ANTI-ANXIETY DRUG. Lawyer said it was a violation of HIPPA. ( MEDICAL PRIVACY ACT). GLENN BECK HAS ALSO BEEN COVERING SIMILAR STORIES ON HIS RADIO SHOW.


Many of us have been predicting this was going to happen AFTER SANDY HOOK. Wait until they use this against all the veterans with PTSD ( all will be on RX drugs with that diagnosis). Once Obama Care is fully implemented the G'ment will have full access to all pharmacy records and will use those to cross check all the gun registrations. If you know anyone on any anti-depressants or anxiety drugs- even AMBIEN made the list of drugs which presribed violates gun ownership possibilities- tell them to get off of them.

When they go to the doctor and he HAS TO ASK " Do you have a gun in the house?" refuse to answer the question. This is a question now required to be asked by "HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS." ALSO- THIS RX DRUG USE EXTENDS TO ANY MEMBER OF THE HOUSEHOLD. EX: IF A KID IS ON RITALIN FOR ADD OR ADHD, A GUN CAN'T BE IN THE HOUSE. GET OFF THESE DRUGS AND GET THEM OFF OF YOUR PHARMACY'S COMPUTER AND OFF YOUR DOCTOR'S RECORDS.



Here it comes!!!!!!! THE SOCIALIST STATE OF AMERICA.
__________________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." - A. Einstein

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:26 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Don't understand why you comment in there being a lifelong harm function....speaking from experience, if it is done in later life, then it will depend upon the surgeon performing the operation......they have the ability to complete it without damaging any of the original nerves or removing any of the original sensations available. So, there's not necessarily any lifelong harm.....just the resulting procedure to resolve the existing problem.
either way it damages the nerves, you remove the most sensitive nerves either way (and there is a medical study that tested this quote thoroughly comparing about 20 different points, on intact and cut up ones)

you seem to completely be oblivious to that you are REMOVING half the nerves that exist on the total amount of skin, HALF, those are gone, you can't remove the skin without removing it's nerves and without destroying the mechanics of the foreskin as it plays a critical role. please tell me how the doctors perform the amputation but push all the nerves back into what is left because that is far beyond what any doctor does or can do, please explain to me how without enough skin to get the gliding sensation of the foreskin that function is not removed? please explain to how an uncovered glans does not become desensitized as compared to one that is covered?

don't take this aggressively but you have a LOT to learn about the it.
__________________

__________________
Please help babies...... http://www.intactamerica.org/
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.