Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, mid-terms results are in...

Biggest landslide since 1948.

So what do you guys think? Is this the way you thought it was going to play out?

More importantly, do you think that the Republicans will, in reality, be able to make a difference from what we've seen?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM  

My opinion is the train is already headed over the cliff, and nothing is going to change the course until we hire a new conductor.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:26 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
My opinion is the train is already headed over the cliff, and nothing is going to change the course until we hire a new conductor.
You're half right. The train is off the cliff but a new conductor won't help.

In the context of our monetary and fiscal policy, there isn't much that anyone can do to make it better. Bennie and the Fed are doing exactly the wrong things (for us), so we can write off any help there.

The questions remaining are When will the dollar collapse, How quickly will it collapse, and How far will it fall?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:34 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You're half right. The train is off the cliff but a new conductor won't help.

In the context of our monetary and fiscal policy, there isn't much that anyone can do to make it better. Bennie and the Fed are doing exactly the wrong things (for us), so we can write off any help there.

The questions remaining are When will the dollar collapse, How quickly will it collapse, and How far will it fall?
I agree 100%, but you also need to add that along with the collapse of the dollar, you need to consider that the foreign investors will no longer want to invest in America, which will compound the problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:49 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think we'll be fine, as far as the dollar collapsing.

I'm still a firm believer that bringing in the reigns on government and killing spending could help save us. If, like you said, we change our conductor.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:21 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
hah yeah - China's a whole nother thread in and of itself! In fact, I may go ahead and start that... as I was, seems that there's already a thread concerning that.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
The commercial was not necissarily a comment on China, more to the point of the urgency of the US condition. Imminent.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Well, I'm pretty non-trusting, but I'm hoping, I suppose, that with our new balance of power, that, like I said, our government will be severely downsized and cut the budget.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:51 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
I am mostly happy with the way the mid terms went...........except that the Republicans were unable to recapture the Senate. Harry Reid of Nv? Eeesh............

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!