Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM  

Powdersville, South Carolina
What do you think about Undecided Voters?

I am bewildered by them. I can understand being undecided in a primary or someone who is 18 or 19 still trying to figure out where they stand on politics. But I do not understand how anyone can be unsure whether they agree with the politics of a conservative candidate or a liberal candidate in a general election.
What do you think?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:14 PM  
Poison Idea

I think pushing people to vote is wrong. If you don't have an opinion one way or the other or you don't like either candidate you shouldn't simply pick the lesser of two evils.

There's more than just liberals and conservatives, people need to get away from picking just Democrats and Republicans and partisan politics.

I had high hopes for the Tea Party making people realize that and leading to a bigger Libertarian movement, but that's been kinda killed by it being taken over by idiots like Palin and Beck and being turned into a second Republican party.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:44 PM  

Austin
If you don't have an opinion on either puppet you shouldn't vote. You clearly have no idea of politics and therefore should not lend the power of your vote to a political affiliation you do not understand.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i think any voter can/should do what they want. this is America. it's their right.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:25 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
X2 to all of that, except the whole Tea Party thing. The Tea Party isn't endored by the GOP, and actually defeated a few GOP candidates in the primaries. Like motorcharge, I definitely agree with the movement's core ideals, but I think it's gone off path and too many political figures have tried to use it for their own agenda.

I don't associate with any party, because they kind of all disgust me at the moment.

I, for one, do not vote, but that's for a different, independent reason. If you're interested in that, that's a whole nother thread haha.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-19-2010, 06:49 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
If it was as simple as conservative vs liberal it might be easier. These days many candidates embrace parts of both. Or their voting record does not jive with their platform statements. I saw an article once that showed a mayoral race that included a non-binding "non of the above" option just to capture the level of non support for both candidates. "None" won every election for 10 years running showing that even when one candidate wins a "majority" it is only a majority of those who bothered to vote not of the actual general population.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM  

easley, sc
I am amazed by the swing voters. The ones who jump from Republican to Democrat or vise versa. (or any variation of conservative & liberal parties). I know a lot of people start off voting more liberal & the older they get the more conservative they become. I'm speaking in general of course. But I mean the ones who seem to vote more on whether they like the candidate personally than what their political ideologies are & will switch allegiance from election to election.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:26 AM  

easley, sc
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i think any voter can/should do what they want. this is America. it's their right.
Yeah, I don't think op was suggesting their right be taken for being wishy washy and/or uninformed. Just that they didn't understand how a person could not have a definite opinion about which party most closely follows their political ideologies.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:20 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:25 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
I have no idea how someone could have voted for Bush in 04 and then Obama in 08.
Yet I saw interviews of people saying they did just that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!