Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So should our Navy not built new ships? What's your guys' solution? Or is this a whining thread... shoot...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-11-2011, 05:59 AM  

Tucson, AZ
1 billion dollars. I would rather see the money go for a new ship to replace our aging fleet than see another "stimulus package".

Peace through superior firepower is my motto.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:50 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

That money could have went for welfare programs or energy asistance. Of course I kid you now! The stimulus has been working by the way........ but I don't know, how about fixing our bridges and other infrastructure, or putting it towards alternative energy. Good God almighty, we have enough military hardware already, what the heck do we need another ship for?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:56 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Our ships are tired. They've been going for 10 years! I know I know, if Democrats had their way, we'd get rid of our entire military and just hope that hugs would keep peace in the world - but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-11-2011, 02:18 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
Would much rather put money in the pockets of hard working AMERICANS building one BADAZZ ship to hunt down Cowards like OBL and BLAST THEM TO HE!!. There is always someone out there that wants to take your lunch money. You either guard it or you get it taken.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:26 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
10 characters.

Quote:
There is always someone out there that wants to take your lunch money. You either guard it or you get it taken.
who?
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicondevil07 View Post
1 billion dollars. I would rather see the money go for a new ship to replace our aging fleet than see another "stimulus package".
To build a U.S. Naval ship it takes:

1. Seel mills (assuming that we still have such things after 30 years of Republican free trade policies).

2. Electrical wiring factories (assuming that we still have such things after 30 years of Republican free trade policies).

3. Plumbing pipe factories (assuming that we still have such things after 30 years of Republican free trade policies).

4. Fire retardant factories (assuming that we still have such things after 30 years of Republican free trade policies).

5. Computer factories (assuming that we still have such things after 30 years of Republican free trade policies).

So building a U.S. Navy ship is an economic stimulus package- assuming that we still have the manufacturing capacity to build a ship after 30 years of Republican free trade policies.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
That money could have went for welfare programs or energy asistance. Of course I kid you now! The stimulus has been working by the way........ but I don't know, how about fixing our bridges and other infrastructure, or putting it towards alternative energy. Good God almighty, we have enough military hardware already, what the heck do we need another ship for?
If we had enough military hardware already, we wouldn't have had 9-11 because Moslems would be too afraid of instant and massive retaliation to attempt a 9-11.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:38 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Our ships are tired. They've been going for 10 years! I know I know, if Democrats had their way, we'd get rid of our entire military and just hope that hugs would keep peace in the world - but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way!
10 years would be a juvenile in U.S. Navy terms. Over the past 20 years the Navy bases where I live have lost their 2 carriers and then lost the single carrier they got as a replacement. 2 of the 3 were about 40 years old when they were decomissioned.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:43 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
If we had enough military hardware already, we wouldn't have had 9-11 because Moslems would be too afraid of instant and massive retaliation to attempt a 9-11.
Now I know you know better, Guerrillas are not intimidated by conventional weaponry. Not in Korea, Nam nor Iraq or Afghanistan could our opponents meet us head to head. CHICOM pilots not Koreans fought us in the air.

If the jeep won WW II then predator drones were the difference in our present wars. Neither are winnable in any worthwhile sense but the sandmen don't like the silent death from the skies.

We need our military but not so much not to cut the flab out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!