Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Oh, I definitely agree, in normal times. At the beginning of this war(s), the Navy held the firm belief that "things run better when they're running all the time." After 10 years of all of our ships constantly being deployed, they're tired, and things are worn out. Trust me, I've been on quite a few - the most recent being the USS Lake Erie, which has been on 30+ deployments in the past 10 years. It's pretty much lived in the open waters, as many of our ships have during these wars.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-11-2011, 03:57 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Then the poor guys in Newport Beach spend the whole hurricane season hiding ships from storms.

Not sure what the role of this new ship is but it looks like amphibious support so you might spend some time on her. I think a ship launched Harrier limits the naval target's size and can address almost any air threat from average countries. China and Russia have sophisticated fighter arms but one is a business partner and the other really doesn't want to find out what's "new" in our arsenals.
When Evolution stubs it's toe-5c-069.jpg 

Old 05-11-2011, 04:32 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Now I know you know better, Guerrillas are not intimidated by conventional weaponry.
Who said anything about guerrillas? I'm talking about bombing Mecca, Medina, Riyadh, Tehran, Damascus, Tripoli, Cairo...

GWB was too stupid to realize that we are not at war with terrorists. We are at war with Moslems. Our first, our oldest and our only permanent foreign enemy is Moslems- beginning with the Barbary Pirates and continuing to the present day. We don?t have to worry about destroying guerrillas as long as we destroy the culture that produces them.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:35 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Oh, I definitely agree, in normal times. At the beginning of this war(s), the Navy held the firm belief that "things run better when they're running all the time." After 10 years of all of our ships constantly being deployed, they're tired, and things are worn out. Trust me, I've been on quite a few - the most recent being the USS Lake Erie, which has been on 30+ deployments in the past 10 years. It's pretty much lived in the open waters, as many of our ships have during these wars.
30 deployments in 10 years is what in World War II terms? How much wear and tear in a combat zone have our ships received since 9-11 as opposed to what ships during World War II were subjected to?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:36 PM  

Quote:
China and Russia have sophisticated fighter arms but one is a business partner and the other really doesn't want to find out what's "new" in our arsenals.
But which is which?
Old 05-11-2011, 04:46 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
GWB was too stupid to realize that we are not at war with terrorists. We are at war with Moslems. Our first, our oldest and our only permanent foreign enemy is Moslems- beginning with the Barbary Pirates and continuing to the present day. We don?t have to worry about destroying guerrillas as long as we destroy the culture that produces them.
Here's the fly for your ointment. As far as I'm aware only you and I see this as a clash of cultures that can only end with one destroyed. I see no way a very backwards 15th century tribalist based religion can coexist with the 21st Century culture of the West. The Wahabi (Saudi) brand of Islam wants us dead. They are neither friends nor allies but they gots lots of OIL.

For me it's not ISM against ISM, it's divergent cultures unsuited to the cohabitation of this planet.

Pretty much everyone else has a milder take on this but I want them all dead.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:03 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
How much wear and tear in a combat zone have our ships received since 9-11 as opposed to what ships during World War II were subjected to?
Kaiser could build a Liberty ship in a week or less. I'm surprised most survived their first North Sea visit.

Most of your support ships can have long lives of service. The battle classes will be forced into retirement by technology. You're Marine Corps so I think you already know you're last in line. (see pic)
When Evolution stubs it's toe-4403.jpg 

Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaja View Post
But which is which?
Remember JAPAN INC.? Well today China holds the paper on USA.INC.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:12 PM  

Quote:
Remember JAPAN INC.? Well today China holds the paper on USA.INC.
Said paper is getting more worthless by the day.
When Evolution stubs it's toe-today-china-tomorrow-walmart.jpg 

Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
FDR & Churchill were already planning their end of the cold war at the end of WW II and the USSR was happy to get included. I have had it with "duck & cover" BS. If the Chinese can build a trading partner out of an enemy I'm all for it. Walmart ended at least half the Cold War.
Now that we know they also carry coffins perhaps we could subcontract the next war to Wallywurld?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.