Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2012, 07:39 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

When will America Believe?

We've got it pretty darn good in this country. Nearly everything we need, all right here. I just don't understand how there can be a group of people in this country, intent on removing freedoms, applying scare tactics, even threats of killing, as was the case from a member of this forum, all, under the guise of religion. WTF? Why can't we all live in harmony? Why can't we say, irregardless of who runs this country, that we believe? We believe in each other and wish for the best? Why does a small fray have to strive to make everything imaginable, a living hell for those that aren't like them, or their beliefs, then rake on the Muslims supposedly for their ultra Taliban lifestyle. WTF ? Even when Bush was president, and despite his incredible lies, deception, and stupidity, I always said that I believed in this country, even if I did roll my eyes and some of the freedom killing element of the Taliba Right wing christian fundamentalists, and they are mentalists! We all need to have a barbeque in this country. Envite all families, African American, Arab American, Asian American, Native American, Jewish, Gay Lesbian...... Everyone! Leave the guns behind, the hatchets the knives. Get together for some BBQ, drink some beer, smoke a bowl, and just for one day..... Believe in America. We got it all, and we're headed toward civil war, according to one member of this forum family. Come on people.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:46 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
We've got it pretty darn good in this country. Nearly everything we need, all right here. I just don't understand how there can be a group of people in this country, intent on removing freedoms, applying scare tactics, even threats of killing, as was the case from a member of this forum, all, under the guise of religion. WTF? Why can't we all live in harmony? Why can't we say, irregardless of who runs this country, that we believe? We believe in each other and wish for the best? Why does a small fray have to strive to make everything imaginable, a living hell for those that aren't like them, or their beliefs, then rake on the Muslims supposedly for their ultra Taliban lifestyle. WTF ? Even when Bush was president, and despite his incredible lies, deception, and stupidity, I always said that I believed in this country, even if I did roll my eyes and some of the freedom killing element of the Taliba Right wing christian fundamentalists, and they are mentalists! We all need to have a barbeque in this country. Envite all families, African American, Arab American, Asian American, Native American, Jewish, Gay Lesbian...... Everyone! Leave the guns behind, the hatchets the knives. Get together for some BBQ, drink some beer, smoke a bowl, and just for one day..... Believe in America. We got it all, and we're headed toward civil war, according to one member of this forum family. Come on people.
Too bad more people don't feel this way.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Too bad more people don't feel this way.
Which way Sam? Taliban fanatic or red blooded American?
Old 11-12-2012, 08:03 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
We all need to have a barbeque in this country. Envite all families, African American, Arab American, Asian American, Native American, Jewish, Gay Lesbian...... Everyone! Leave the guns behind, the hatchets the knives. Get together for some BBQ, drink some beer, smoke a bowl, and just for one day..... Believe in America. We got it all, and we're headed toward civil war, according to one member of this forum family. Come on people.
Lemme tell you about my weekend... Three boxes of clay pigeons, three cases of ammo, six guns, and most of my siblings. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing an orange clay disk go from gracefully flying through the air to exploding into a little black cloud of dust.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Which way Sam? Taliban fanatic or red blooded American?
Red blooded American.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:21 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Lemme tell you about my weekend... Three boxes of clay pigeons, three cases of ammo, six guns, and most of my siblings. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing an orange clay disk go from gracefully flying through the air to exploding into a little black cloud of dust.
I spent my weekend with my kids and grandkids.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:33 PM  
American

Your blindness is our problem...unfortunately. So the zhit has not hit the fan just yet,,,falling out of an airplane with out a chute does not kill you....hitting the ground does.
We believe in America...it's liberals we have a problem with. You want to sing Kumbaya all the way to the ground ...go for it...I am going to keep looking for a way out of this mess.

Killing is how we got this country and how we have defended it in several wars...when people try to destroy your country....you fight back...that's the only thing some people understand. You can't educate them because they already know every thing and refuse to listen.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post
Your blindness is our problem...unfortunately. So the zhit has not hit the fan just yet,,,falling out of an airplane with out a chute does not kill you....hitting the ground does.
We believe in America...it's liberals we have a problem with. You want to sing Kumbaya all the way to the ground ...go for it...I am going to keep looking for a way out of this mess.

Killing is how we got this country and how we have defended it in several wars...when people try to destroy your country....you fight back...that's the only thing some people understand. You can't educate them because they already know every thing and refuse to listen.
No, it's you that's blind and it's the Taliban Right wing fanatics that are in fact destroying this country, not the liberals. Liberals are saving this country, and liberals fight in wars too. Gosh, you need to get out of Texas mode. Bush was from there and you know where he landed this country. Obama has a solution, it's the radical right that wants to protect the wealthy, those same guys that ruined our country, then us tax payers bailed them out, then they had the balls to demand bonuses? Then look at the Koch brothers and people like Mitt and Ryan, who are destroying the unions, social security and everything America stands for. Look at who it is that's trying to restrict voter rights, human rights and workers rights. You need to see what John D Rockafeller, Carnagy and JP morgan was aiming to do to our country before the government finally intereceded. Maybe you perhaps get off on workers working long hours for nill pay with no chance for health benifits or retirement. You need to see the documentary "Capitalism, a love story" for a REAL eye opener. I know you'd never open up your mind to anything outside of "Texas Stupid" A place where people wear ignorance like a badge of pride. You Teaparty folk are something else. Anti government until a tornado rips through your town, destroying everything you own including the Teaparty hang out and you guys run to the government for aid. Good gawl man!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:55 AM  
American

Bail outs..... We were against the bail outs dummy. That is not a product of capitalism...you all forced that on the rest of us and now your crying because it didn't work...was taken advantage of? So your hoping for trickle up economics to work are you? I don't need or want the the unions and social security and they sure as hell are not what American stands for. We stand for Independence, hard work and the opportunity's this country has to offer those who will work. If I had all the money back I was forced to pay into social security I could buy more land and use that to make far more money then I ever will drawing from my social security. Then if I ever had too in my old age I could sell the land for a profit ...again far exceeding the pittance I will get from SS.
When was the last time a poor man gave you a job? Gave you any health benefits or retirement income?

You infer I am stupid ...you would kill the Golden Goose. I don't think I will give the advise of a man who would intentionally get another mans poo on his junk any credence. I seen no signs of intelligence in your posts or your lifestyle.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:14 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadarrows View Post

The parties are generally stereotyped as:
Democrats - Socially liberal, fiscally liberal
Republicans - Socially conservative, fiscally conservative

The trouble is that a majority of the population is socially liberal, and a majority of the population is fiscally conservative. So the question in pretty much every election is "which are more important, social issues or fiscal issues?"

The only benefit Mitt Romney had in the last election was this stereotype. His fiscal platform was never adequately explored - whenever he was asked about it, we heard about a 5-point plan that lacked specifics and appeared to be completely divorced from mathematical reality. Still, had he been free to run primarily on that social platform, he could have convinced a majority of the people that Obama's plan was failing.

Romney's problem wasn't with his own fiscal platform. It was with the GOP, pandering to a highly vocal but politically weak, socially-regressive Tea Party. The GOP was centered on the far right. They abandoned a massive number of centrists in favor of a relative few right-wing social-extremists (like leadarrows - his "it's a mental illness" position on homosexuality and penchant for threatening the lives of folks who disagree with his ideology puts him way out on the right wing of the American political spectrum)

Contrast with folks like me: I've actually voted for Republicans in 4 different elections, but I've been pushed over to the Democrats because of the GOP's asinine stances on social issues.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.