Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-12-2011, 03:23 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
How do you figure it's the most uneducated who bring the strongest negatives to any conversation about sexuality? I think that's a broad statement that's your personal belief, but can't really be backed up.

I'm well educated, and I disagree with homosexual marriage.

That's like me saying that, generally, people who turn gay have some sort of traumatizing past/craving for attention, that made them want to be "different", whether they consciously admit it or not.

As you can tell, I don't buy that gay people are "born that way." But you guys know me, I'm just a religious moron, right?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-12-2011, 03:33 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I don't believe an actual sex change operation is possible. We can mutilate the body of a person to make them appear to have changed genders. We cannot TRULY change ones gender. Therefore, your question is technically invalid. No matter how much people change ID labeling from m to f or whatever, it does not make them that.
and what if said person was born without a define sexual organ? are they then not the sex their parent's chose? About one in 45,000 children are born without a clear identifiable sex. If mommy n daddy decide they want a male child, but really that child is a female... what then?

I think if you need a piece of paper to define your relationship, you have bigger problems. If gays wanna marry- let them. they cant make a mockery of the institution of marriage any worse than:
Zsa Zsa Gabor
Mickey Rooney
Artie Shaw
Larry King
Liz Taylor
Henry VIII
Claude Rains
Lana Turner
Tony Curtis
Arlene Dahl
Jerry Lee Lewis
Norman Mailer
Martha Raye
Gloria Swanson
Judy Garland
Joan Crawford
Kenny Rogers
Andre Previn
Richard Pryor
Tammy Wynette
Martin Scorsese
Ginger Rogers
i can keep going if youd like....

they have all been married at LEAST 5 times to 5 DIFFERENT people. marriage is a joke. who cares if gays wanna sign up? its the straight people who have ruined the sanctity of marriage.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:56 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
How do you figure it's the most uneducated who bring the strongest negatives to any conversation about sexuality? I think that's a broad statement that's your personal belief, but can't really be backed up.
It's backed up by demographics on NBC & CBS so I'm sure it can be located if one knows where to look.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:59 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
they have all been married at LEAST 5 times to 5 DIFFERENT people. marriage is a joke.
Marriage needing defending from gays is smoke & mirrors. Marriage in the US is a crapshoot and the numbers prove it.

Quote:
That's like me saying that, generally, people who turn gay have some sort of traumatizing past/craving for attention, that made them want to be "different", whether they consciously admit it or not.
In 5 cases I know that's true but I also believe gays who say they knew they were different at a young age.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:07 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post

As you can tell, I don't buy that gay people are "born that way." But you guys know me, I'm just a religious moron, right?
You said it, not me. (I kid, I kid)

I don't buy into the "born that way" argument either. Evolutionary processes would tend to suppress tendencies toward exclusively homosexual preferences. There is undoubtedly a genetic component (the consistent rates of homosexuality in various species bears this out) but the existence of bisexuals tends to challenge the idea that sexual preference is exclusively genetic. There is a certain amount of decision making involved.

With that said, it doesn't matter if it's a trait by birth, a conscious choice, or any combination between the two. If homosexual preference is an inherent trait, it's protected from in the same way race is protected - under the inalienable right to life. If it's a choice, it's protected the same way religion is protected, under the right to pursue happiness. Whatever decision making is involved in coming to the conclusion to marry, these choices are up to the individuals to make. Society's influence is no more welcome here than it is in choosing a religion. That is to say, society can frown upon it all they want, but they have no more right to prevent homosexual marriage than they do to force someone to become a Mormon.

To infringe on ANY right, the government needs to show that the exercise of a right causes some form of harm that it is duty bound to prevent.

Where's the harm, and how is the government authorized to protect people from it?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:20 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
and what if said person was born without a define sexual organ? are they then not the sex their parent's chose? About one in 45,000 children are born without a clear identifiable sex. If mommy n daddy decide they want a male child, but really that child is a female... what then?
I think the 1 in 45,000 number is the rate of a certain type of intersex condition. The total rate of all intersex conditions is much higher than that, ranging from 18 in 10,000 births (Roughly half a million people in the US) to 17 in 1000 (roughly 5.2 million people in the US) depending on which conditions are defined to comprise "intersex".

There are also people who not only have ambiguous genitalia, but ambiguous genetic codes. The dichotomy of male/female is not as absolute as is traditionally considered. There are people throughout an entire spectrum between male and female.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Where's the harm, and how is the government authorized to protect people from it?
Not "authorized", "morally compelled" seems the operative excuse.
When will Marriage be extended to everyone?-66l.jpg 

Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Not "authorized", "morally compelled" seems the operative excuse.
"Authorized" is the standard under which an American government may operate. The rights of the government are derived from the people, and limited by "certain inalienable rights" possessed by the people including life, liberty, equality, and pursuit of happiness.

Government is allowed to define legality, not morality.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Then someone should tell them to stop it!
Old 05-12-2011, 06:24 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It's backed up by demographics on NBC & CBS so I'm sure it can be located if one knows where to look.
That made zero sense, and didn't prove your point at all.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.