Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2011, 11:36 PM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
"You guys"? Are you calling me a racist? So if I don't agree with every single one of Obama's gigs, I don't like him because he's black? You're silly.

Should Obama give me his lawyer wages because I was too LAZY to go to law school? ANY lawyer out there, should they give me their money because I was too LAZY to go to school? You're silly!! Heck NO they should NOT!

You don't realize that I have been a member in good standing to 5 different labor unions in my career, and still hold card to one. I am well aware of "corporate America" and it's selfishness. You're NOT talking to any "elite wealthy" here, you're talking to rank n file blue collar bargening unit.
Not hardly. I just think that "you guys" hate the man because he is inclusive of those who typically are discriminated against. The republicans like making simple issues complicated and anti American sounding with "sound bytes" and scare tactics. Classic! Obama is a facist. Obama is a communist. I mean serious! As for the second part, if a person works hard, they should get what they deserve. The republican philosophy is just the opposit for the better part. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...thers-lobbying

Old 05-07-2011, 11:58 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-08-2011, 05:43 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Willie worked with the GOP because both he and the Right agreed on a budget that allowed Willie to hand Bush a surplus.
What did Willie agree on when the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress and we had higher taxes and deficit spending?
Old 05-08-2011, 05:59 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Funny. I remember it as the republicans trying to block the recount. Bush v. Gore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The votes were counted on election night. GWB won despite the liberals in the news media erroneously calling Florida for Gore before the polls closed in the heavily conservative Florida panhandle.

The votes were re-counted in accordance with Florida law. GWB still won.

Then Algore asked for a hand re-count in certain heavily Democratic counties. And when it became obvious that GWB was still going to win election officials (Democrats) in these counties started making up their own criteria for deciding when a ballot was valid hoping to add enough bogus ballots to give Algore a win. When these Democrats realized that this process would take so long that they couldn't certify the election results in time to meet the deadline mandated by Florida law they sued Florida Secretary of State Harris to stop her from certifying the statewide election results in accordance with Florida law. The state supreme Court agreed with the Democrats and ordered the hand count to continue. Bush appealed this decision to the U.S. Supreme Court and that court ruled that the Florida supreme court's ruling violated both the Florida and U.S. Constitutions. Thus the hand recount had to stop.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:02 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Not hardly. I just think that "you guys" hate the man because he is inclusive of those who typically are discriminated against.
I am white and I am a man. So living in an age of affirmative action, I know what it is like to be discriminated against.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post

I have some graphics on my hard drive. How do I post them here?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:15 AM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Not hardly. I just think that "you guys" hate the man because he is inclusive of those who typically are discriminated against. The republicans like making simple issues complicated and anti American sounding with "sound bytes" and scare tactics. Classic! Obama is a facist. Obama is a communist. I mean serious! As for the second part, if a person works hard, they should get what they deserve. The republican philosophy is just the opposit for the better part. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...thers-lobbying
oh, well, I think "you guys" scream this and that because you have no clue. I happen to not hate the man, and that doesn't mean I am gonna agree with everything he does and follow the clown off a cliff. The trouble is that either party is guilty of both scare tactics, "you're a commie if you vote for him" and the other side "You're a racist if you vote against him" when in reality the fence is just as crooked on either side of it and the grass has browned and dried on both sides. lo mismo todos los dias

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!