Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2014, 04:28 PM  

White House Controlling Press-Pool Reports

So much for transparency! This from; http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifest...527_story.html

Quote:
White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest speaks to the media during his daily briefing in the Brady Briefing Room at the White House on Sept. 22, 2014.
By Paul Farhi September 23

White House press-pool reports are supposed to be the news media’s eyes and ears on the president, an independent chronicle of his public activities. They are written by reporters for other reporters, who incorporate them into news articles about President Obama almost every day.

Sometimes, however, the White House plays an unseen role in shaping the story.

Journalists who cover the White House say Obama’s press aides have demanded — and received — changes in press-pool reports before the reports have been disseminated to other journalists. They say the White House has used its unusual role as the distributor of the reports as leverage to steer coverage in a more favorable direction.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:13 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Presidents have done that through many administrations. There is no such thing as a free press. If reporters want access, they will watch what they write. Nixon was one of the worst, but they all do it. I have a friend who worked as a CBS reporter/photographer for many years.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:54 AM  

Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Presidents have done that through many administrations. There is no such thing as a free press. If reporters want access, they will watch what they write. Nixon was one of the worst, but they all do it. I have a friend who worked as a CBS reporter/photographer for many years.
But I thought THIS president promised to have to most open administration in history?

Explain that to me.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:41 PM  

Yep. Hope & Change & Transparency...

except for Holder, Benghazi, ObamaCare, Etc, Etc, Etc.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:43 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
I would love to know all the stuff that my reporter friend knows. She was one of the few women to interview Arafat in Palestine.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads