Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2011, 07:01 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Here's another I picked up on a "JOKE" link..........
Aha! Jokes: Clean Humor and Funny Pictures!
State Jokes

Defining the Americans

We yell for the Government to balance the budget, then take the last dime we have to make the down payment on a car.

We whip the enemy in battle, then give them the shirt off our backs.

We yell for speed laws that will stop fast driving, then won't buy a car if it can't go over 100 miles an hour.

Americans get scared to death if we vote a billion dollars for education, then are unconcerned when we find out we are spending three billion dollars a year for cigarettes.

We know the line-up of every baseball team in the American and National Leagues but don't know half the words in the "Star Spangled Banner".

We'll spend half a day looking for vitamin pills to make us live longer, then drive 90 miles an hour on slick pavement to make up for lost time.

We tie up our dog while letting our sixteen year old son run wild.

We will work hard on a farm so we can move into town where we can make more money so we can move back to the farm.

In the office we talk about baseball, shopping or fishing, but when we are out at the game, the mall or on the lake, we talk about business.

We are the only people in the world who will pay $.50 to park our car while eating a $.25 sandwhich.
doubt this.....
Quote:

We're the country that has more food to eat than any other country in the world and more diets to keep us from eating it.
don't think we are much different then most developed countries
Quote:

We run from morning to night trying to keep our earning power up with our yearning power.

We're supposed to be the most civilized Christian nation on earth, but we still can't deliver payrolls without an armored car.
note christian reference false and snuck in near the end so people don't dismiss it as religious propaganda too quickly....
Quote:
We have more experts on marriage than any other country in the world and still have more divorces.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:03 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
doubt this.....
don't think we are much different then most developed countries
note christian reference false and snuck in near the end so people don't dismiss it as religious propaganda too quickly....
Wasn't supposed to be "too" serious....as I noted, I got it from a "JOKE" link...don't know why "christian" offends you so much, but everyone to their own beliefs..

Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
Wasn't supposed to be "too" serious....as I noted, I got it from a "JOKE" link...don't know why "christian" offends you so much, but everyone to their own beliefs..
I just dislike that christians have to push their agenda into everything, If I made such jokes and distributed them around pushing atheism don't tell me I wouldn't get hate back from it. I just don't like people using such jokes as a way to reaffirm believing in nonsense.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:17 AM  
fustrated genius

Old 06-09-2011, 12:07 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
I just dislike that christians have to push their agenda into everything, If I made such jokes and distributed them around pushing atheism don't tell me I wouldn't get hate back from it. I just don't like people using such jokes as a way to reaffirm believing in nonsense.
QFT
10char

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.