Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-07-2016, 10:58 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Who you suppose is going to win?

Win the presidency in the next race that is? Myself, I believe it's going to be Mitt Romney...... no wait that was last time. No I believe, and I'd be willing to put money down on the counter, that it's going to be Mr. Trump. I say this because he's a clean break from the status quo and as is usual with the repubs, he has a great line. "Make America great again" which resonates with a lot of people including myself. Just the very fact that he's a breath of fresh air from the bible thumping, lunatic evangelical freako's that makes most people wince.

So who's going to take it studio audience? Just curious on everyone's take.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 10:16 AM  
MRB
Senior Member
 
MRB's Avatar

Sacramento, California
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 389 | Kudos: +56
Most people, including myself, are just fed up with all career politicians and they see Trump as a radical departure from the status quo.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 07:21 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
............Yup yup!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 04:47 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
If the enemy of my enemy is my friend that makes Trump my friend as neither political machine likes him. Both political parties are leading us into socialism, just at different speeds. The republicans are approving budgets that take us deeper into debt (the hidden truth is that neither party plans to mitigate the debt but to admit it would be bad for the dollar, actually the debt is too large to mitigate).
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 05:14 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
I don't like anyone of either party, but as of today, I think Hillary Clinton will win. I think the accusations against her for Benghazi (several Republican search committees found nothing) and the e-mail thing(Dubya's Secretaries of State (Rice and Powell) did the same thing with e-mails, is turning the public toward her. Right now, most women will vote for her and so will minorities.
I just may stay home.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 07:03 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
If the enemy of my enemy is my friend that makes Trump my friend as neither political machine likes him. Both political parties are leading us into socialism, just at different speeds. The republicans are approving budgets that take us deeper into debt (the hidden truth is that neither party plans to mitigate the debt but to admit it would be bad for the dollar, actually the debt is too large to mitigate).
See, I see the opposite. Republicans want to kill social security, they want to kill medicare, unemployment etc etc, right down to the elimination of unions. Basically, the republicans want their own country club where they are all white, all wealthy, control the Earths resources including the food, and leave their slaves poor, hungry and stuck with all the pollution, low lying areas that are sinking under the rising oceans etc etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Are you serious? That is beginning to sound like a wild eyed rant.
__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,452 | Kudos: +43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Are you serious? That is beginning to sound like a wild eyed rant.
Are YOU Serious? You've been doing the wild eyed rant from the day your box opened up!

Here's what we now know.

You're pro wealthy paying no taxes.
I'm not.

You think that only well off people should have health coverage. Poor folks can just die off.

Me? I'm pro socialized medicine for all.

eddie, all you need to do is google "tea party" and look at all the extremists. Republicans have been the most obstructionists we've seen recently.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 12:02 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Are you serious? That is beginning to sound like a wild eyed rant.
Sorry, but this country was founded by rich white men. Most Republicans would like it to still be controlled by rich white men and it mostly is.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:43 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Are YOU Serious? You've been doing the wild eyed rant from the day your box opened up!

Here's what we now know.

You're pro wealthy paying no taxes.
I'm not.

You think that only well off people should have health coverage. Poor folks can just die off.

Me? I'm pro socialized medicine for all.

eddie, all you need to do is google "tea party" and look at all the extremists. Republicans have been the most obstructionists we've seen recently.
. . . and yet another rant with no basis in fact. To google tea party is not the same as going to a meeting and knowing the attendees personally. However, it really isn't a party as such, just citizens that are fed up with government and both political parties and paying for both the freebies and those that get rich managing the freebies.
__________________

__________________
I remember when power tools and small appliances had flexible cords.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.