Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2016, 06:57 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB View Post
Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz will more than likely get nominated to run for the presidency. From there it's anyone's guess who will win. They both suck.
Don Trump might get the GOP nomination, but, it will probably be contested by the GOP. Elections are very strange this time around.
Aren't they though? Why couldn't there be a few more choices?

Old 03-22-2016, 09:40 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Aren't they though? Why couldn't there be a few more choices?
I would prefer someone smarter, like maybe Kermit the frog.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:27 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
I would prefer someone smarter, like maybe Kermit the frog.
I'm tossing in a vote for Mathew Lesco!

I just wish we could get someone like Lee Iacocca. That guy could have turned this country around or........ having us all driving Chrysler minivans!
Old 03-22-2016, 10:29 PM  
Traveler

Well, as a liberal, you'd think I'd be stoked about Hilary or Bernie. But I'm not, really. I'd rather see them win before Ted Cruz, but frankly, I'm surprised that John Kasich isn't getting more traction than he is.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:17 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Well, as a liberal, you'd think I'd be stoked about Hilary or Bernie. But I'm not, really. I'd rather see them win before Ted Cruz, but frankly, I'm surprised that John Kasich isn't getting more traction than he is.
Too anti-union to fly in many states.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:44 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Too anti-union to fly in many states.
I didn't realize that. This is part of the reason why Bernie Sanders is so popular I suppose. I heard a speech by him and for me at least, I was really pleased with what he had to say. Generally, he's all about the ultra wealthy and corporate America at long last, paying their fair share in terms of taxes to support this countries infrastructure, which of course resonates with not only myself, but a large portion of this country. Probably at this point, I'd vote for Bernie because I'd also like to see someone finally bring socialized healthcare to this country in the form of at least a basic safety net for those who cannot afford health insurance. People who work deserve at least that.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
John Kasich it too milk toast is why he isn't getting any more traction. The voters, this time around, are fed up with political/social correctness and niceness out of candidates. More people than we think want a Trump like individual to turn America on it's head.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:48 PM  
Traveler

I think he would but...... Is this guy going to be another blundering idiot like George bush? William Buckley, talking about Trump in 2004 stated that he was a narcissistic demagogue. He does seem to address the things people want to hear, but what I also hear from him is a whole lot of vagueness. I'm stunned that more people don't see that.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:42 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
People don't want to know the details anymore. It has become a society of immediate satisfaction.
Don gives them that.
Old 03-23-2016, 11:53 PM  

A race between Trump and Hillary could prove interesting. Not being afraid of the Clintons Trump just might replay all their scandals plus the other stuff just coming to light.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.