Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-26-2016, 10:02 PM  
Traveler

Well, as is usually the case, opinions differ and this is why we have such heated discussion, legal battles in courts and so on. Myself, with respect to the article I posted, feel that I myself cannot impose my belief structure on someone else. There are thousands of children dying every day from starvation war and disease while we go shopping out at the mall with scarcely a thought about it, but where folks can attempt to assert their religious beliefs upon others, they'll certainly push it with conviction.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:25 PM  

It may be a religious belief for Catholics but just common sense would have one believe that with heartbeat, brainwave activity and proactive motion he/she is alive. GE 4D Ultrasound has proven very helpful to the pro-life movement, a picture is worth . . .

Old 03-27-2016, 10:29 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
If you made abortion illegal, then Invitro fertilization would also have to be illegal. They destroy more fertilized eggs than abortions.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:02 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
If you made abortion illegal, then Invitro fertilization would also have to be illegal. They destroy more fertilized eggs than abortions.
It should be illegal for that very reason. Also remember when they wanted to use spare embryos for growing stem cells. What might follow that?
Old 03-27-2016, 07:12 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
It should be illegal for that very reason. Also remember when they wanted to use spare embryos for growing stem cells. What might follow that?
Certainly would not want to learn life-saving methods from those stem cells they are going to throw away.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:02 PM  

Do you see the irony, its a bit like voting for the lesser of two . . .
Old 03-27-2016, 08:07 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Certainly would not want to learn life-saving methods from those stem cells they are going to throw away.
It really is so obsurd. One of the first things Obama did was reverse Bushes ban on stem cell research. Best thing ever to get us out of the dark ages. Stem cell research is already making ground on cures that previously would require invasive surgeries and so many other medical issues. What we need is a president who strikes back at the whole notion of anti abortion and making stipulations on what a woman can do with her own body.

I saw Bernie won my neighboring state of Washington. He also won my state of Idaho. I'm holding my breath!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:08 PM  

Nothing absurd about this, it's medical ethics on the line. And the baby is not her body, she should have exercised control of her body earlier in the game.

For those who are dads think back at that joyful moment that the mother invites us to feel the baby kick, no mention of a fetus at that moment. She knows and you know the truth at that moment.
Quote:
They weigh less than 3 pounds, usually, and are perhaps 15 inches long. But they can remember.

The unborn have memories, according to medical researchers who used sound and vibration stimulation, combined with sonography, to reveal that the human fetus displays short-term memory from at least 30 weeks gestation - or about two months before they are born.http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ries/?page=all
Old 03-27-2016, 11:45 PM  
Traveler

The baby is hooked up to her body and so each others health is dependent when it comes to one or the others well being. It should be a woman's choice, not someone else's.

It's kind of like the Terri Schiavo fiasco. I just couldn't believe that Michael had to go through the hoops that he did, in order to fulfill his obligation to his wife. Luckily and rightfully so, he won and their wishes were initiated.

Stem cell research benefits every single person on the planet presently and to come. There's a bigger picture here. Sorry, It's obsurd!
Old 03-28-2016, 10:48 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Nothing absurd about this, it's medical ethics on the line. And the baby is not her body, she should have exercised control of her body earlier in the game.

For those who are dads think back at that joyful moment that the mother invites us to feel the baby kick, no mention of a fetus at that moment. She knows and you know the truth at that moment.
I would not believe the Times if they said the Earth revolves around the Sun.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads