Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
In short, yes they will throw you in jail. But not after taxing the heck out of you.

Per section 7203 of the Obamacare Code:

Step 1 - $1,900 tax / fine (Obama can't figure out which to call it yet)

Step 2 (If you don't pay above fine, and don't purchase health care) - They charge you with a misdemeanor, which means up to $25,000 tax/fine and 1 year in jail.

Step 3 (Again, if you ignore above fine/don't show up to court proceedings) - They charge you with a felony, which means up to $100,000 tax/fine and 5 years in jail.

So basically, they're forcing you to buy health care, and if you don't, they're treating it like tax evasion. You'll just look like any other scum who tries to get out of paying taxes to the government.
are you kidding ?
seiously, how can "everyone" afford, to buy it ? I know a few people that honestly cant afford gas, to get to work, so they sold thier car and now take the bus, they honestly can afford anything, they do live paycheck to paycheck. So they cant buy healthcare, so in the end, they go to jail ?

talk about filling up our jails, and supporting someone in jail, hows that going to help our economy ?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
are you kidding ?
seiously, how can "everyone" afford, to buy it ? I know a few people that honestly cant afford gas, to get to work, so they sold thier car and now take the bus, they honestly can afford anything, they do live paycheck to paycheck. So they cant buy healthcare, so in the end, they go to jail ?

talk about filling up our jails, and supporting someone in jail, hows that going to help our economy ?
jail means they aren't a productive member of society and you are jumping to find some sutuation it doesn't work in even though we are already paying for those situations. how are the people you speak of going to pay their medical bills if something does happen to them? huh? Am I supposed to pay for them with higher insurance fees andmedical fees when they refuse to pay their share?

if they are living paycheck to paycheck they need to reduce their expenses.

but in the end I agree, we need to ultimately have a system closer to the NHS where everyone is covered by default and funding is provided through general taxes instead of directly requiring the person to buy coverage, but the insurance lobby will never allow it.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:14 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
.....but in the end I agree, we need to ultimately have a system closer to the NHS where everyone is covered by default and funding is provided through general taxes instead of directly requiring the person to buy coverage, but the insurance lobby will never allow it.
Great. That's all we need is higher taxes!
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM  

Quote:
but once they realized "death panels" were just republicans throwing around fear the people started to view it more favorably, America has needed healthcare reform horribly bad for decades now, there is NO way to solve the issues without everyone paying in hence the mandatory requirement. This will be one of those things that many years down the road once people see that they can still get decent affordable health coverage even if they were laid off or got sick the tune will change.....
The "Independent Payment Advisory Board" will in effect be as much of a "Death Panel" as was the original that made the news.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
The "Independent Payment Advisory Board" will in effect be as much of a "Death Panel" as was the original that made the news.
how so? and how is it any different then an insurance companies efforts to reduce payments? the way I see it at least with healthcare reform they have stated the goal is to not reduce care, just costs, whereas an insurance company obligations are to worry entirely about costs and if that means refusing to pay for covered costs and hope you die before then, then so be it, after all the worst they are liable for is the cost of the treatment so worse case they have to pay what they should have meanwhile the person has likely lost everything if they are even still alive if they were able to sell everything to afford the cancer treatments/etc...

so yeah you want to talk about death panels.... look no further then our private (not employer based plans) healthcare "insurance" industry for prime examples of death panels (except in many cases it's not even a panel, just an accountant that says dollar wise it's worth refusing payment)
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
jail means they aren't a productive member of society and you are jumping to find some sutuation it doesn't work in even though we are already paying for those situations. how are the people you speak of going to pay their medical bills if something does happen to them? huh? Am I supposed to pay for them with higher insurance fees andmedical fees when they refuse to pay their share?

if they are living paycheck to paycheck they need to reduce their expenses.

but in the end I agree, we need to ultimately have a system closer to the NHS where everyone is covered by default and funding is provided through general taxes instead of directly requiring the person to buy coverage, but the insurance lobby will never allow it.
you are ASSuming they are not "productive", they are VERY productive, they have jobs, but without healthcare, they work everyday, they DO NOT live on welfare or gov aid, they pay thier light bill, they pay for thier own food.
When one of my buddies did go to the hospital, he set up a payment plan, he paid it off, it hurt him bad, living on sandwiches, but he paid it off.
These are the types of people are where your oh mightly leader will hurt. Forcing someone to purchase something that can not afford, is wrong, and IF they dont purchase it, you want to throw them in jail what good does that do ? now we all will have to pay, what is it, $30,000 to house someone in jail ?
so how many more jails will we need ? whos going to pay for them ?

Why not stop paying benefits to Illegals ? I wonder how much that will save our country
Smart move, NOT
Old 06-16-2011, 08:30 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
but in the end I agree, we need to ultimately have a system closer to the NHS where everyone is covered by default and funding is provided through general taxes
sure, raise the taxes,,,, thats the answer NOT
Old 06-16-2011, 08:37 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Additionally, as of yet, there has been no limits on legality of your current residency added to the Obamacare program. Long story short, illegal aliens will still be able to live here, not buy health insurance, and not have to pay fines like the rest of US Citizens. Also, if they walk into a hospital and need medical attention, by law, they will have to be treated.

So not only are they mandating us to buy health insurance, they're mandating me to pay for all 12-20 million illegal immigrants' every medical whim and need. And, I don't know about you guys, but I'd MUCH rather at least pay for another tax-paying, legal American's healthcare than some illegal alien.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-16-2011, 08:40 PM  

Well said Jake!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:58 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Additionally, as of yet, there has been no limits on legality of your current residency added to the Obamacare program. Long story short, illegal aliens will still be able to live here, not buy health insurance, and not have to pay fines like the rest of US Citizens. Also, if they walk into a hospital and need medical attention, by law, they will have to be treated.

So not only are they mandating us to buy health insurance, they're mandating me to pay for all 12-20 million illegal immigrants' every medical whim and need. And, I don't know about you guys, but I'd MUCH rather at least pay for another tax-paying, legal American's healthcare than some illegal alien.
1.) the hospitals ALREADY have to treat everyone, that has been the case for a while and not part of obama's plan
2.) Obama's plan DID initially include the ability for illegal immigrants to buy non-subsidized insurance through exchanges..... however the republicans cried about this till it was removed (I guess better that we pay then the immigrants pay)
3.) immigrants living here in the states or not is outside the scope of healthcare reform

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.