Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2011, 09:31 AM  

Quote:
if they are living paycheck to paycheck they need to reduce their expenses.
. . . . and if the government is spending 1.667 times its income it needs to reduce its expenses.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
. . . . and if the government is spending 1.667 times its income it needs to reduce its expenses.
yes, but not at the expense of programs that help people and society, maybe reduce our department of war? or spending cuts are NOT the only solution and CANNOT be the only solution for a reasonable discussion, the amount that would need to be cut for spending cuts alone to solve the issue would be politically impossible (not difficult, not hard but impossible) taxes do need to go up a little bit on the rich, it's unavoidable and any serious discussion will need to have that on the table otherwise it's just political pandering with no real attempt to solve the issue.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:22 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Self serving.......

Quote:
Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?
This website says yes:
HTML Code:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:h1o3N_F80wcJ:www.nrlc.org/healthcarerationing/LifeatRiskLongform.pdf+How+the+federal+government+will+force+doctors+to+limit+care&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESgm5AsgEwrYnhwruP7ttClfp-xjgMC62RQKlj2pnHDkxsOjGrwMyYlL2wriJvxAd2hrT5lBhCbrrW8rhkLpyLtC3lGa0XFUeAecu-gxfXtASPqkIeMuobebL4mCpYPiQ5PYh2M5&sig=AHIEtbRd6OCIHRgTNaDk-ckD8dbyUhDDrw&pli=1
Powered by Google Docs
Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-lifers.jpg 

Old 06-17-2011, 01:19 PM  

Government freebies are as addictive as drugs and withdrawal is not easy. However, continued spending at a rate of 1.667 times revenue is bound to crash at some future date, then rationing will be severe. Obama's share the wealth policy is pitting the working class against the rich even to the point of otherwise reasonable people believing the government owes them a living, or at least healthcare. Sounds sweet but the inefficient government takes its large cut off the top. Remember the welfare reports of the not to distant past where it was found that it would be cheaper to just cut everyone under a certain income level a check than to continue management of the program.

A government that has the authority to provide our needs also has the power to spend our money on whatever it pleases. Things like NPR, the Endowment of the Arts and even the House Gym are but symptoms of wasteful spending. The ruling class has perks beyond our wildest imagination especially from lobbyists. Even Obama (in spite of promises not to do so) succumbed to granting favors to contributors.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:36 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Government freebies are as addictive as drugs and withdrawal is not easy. However, continued spending at a rate of 1.667 times revenue is bound to crash at some future date
we could increase revenue
Quote:
, then rationing will be severe.
so let's quit cutting taxes on the rich till we are out of debt
Quote:
Obama's share the wealth policy is pitting the working class against the rich even to the point of otherwise reasonable people believing the government owes them a living, or at least healthcare.
so give the rich more tax breaks and remove any basic health needs or financial safety nets for the average worker
Quote:
Sounds sweet but the inefficient government takes its large cut off the top.
and insurance companies take about 30%
Quote:
A government that has the authority to provide our needs also has the power to spend our money on whatever it pleases. Things like NPR, the Endowment of the Arts and even the House Gym are but symptoms of wasteful spending.
good job just listing "liberal" items, what about abstinence education? or our military complex alone that makes what you mention look like pennies
Quote:
The ruling class has perks beyond our wildest imagination especially from lobbyists. Even Obama (in spite of promises not to do so) succumbed to granting favors to contributors.
And what kind of world would it be without the safety nets? without people having the ability to get healthcare? healthcare reform is NOT about wanting handouts, it's about wanting a method to buy healthcare that is dependable, whcih you cannot at any price purchase on the individual market.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:45 PM  
Traveler

I find that most of those opposed to the healthcare bill fall into a couple different groups, are those who have a golden parachute retirement plan or cadillac healthcare plan from their job, or are young or have no health issues or believe that they will never have a health issue. I also believe that NPR among others is a drop in the bucket compared with the military establishment. Start cutting there, and we'd have plenty for covering the unfortunate uninsured who actually needed health coverage, because the military has been at the top long enough, as well as others......I can't speak for all, but my wife, who has for the past 20 years we've been together, has been discriminated against by all insurance companies as if she were a colored from the 1930s deep South. The system has failed so many people that it's sickening. The video I keep posting will not illicit a single response from those opposed to the health bill. Living proof that much of the right has little to no regard for those who are in need of healthcare but cannot afford it. As it relates, the health care bill signed into law by Obama, and while not perfect, has for the first time since my wifes illness, allowed her to get a supplimental insurance policy in addition to her recently aquired medicare. Ask this family if we support universal healthcare!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 PM  

No argument here! When I have to cut spending I consider it the next time I reach into my pocket even for change. If I were maxed out on credit cards and spending 1.667 times my income two things would have to happen.
1. The 0.667 would have to go.
2. Out of the 1.0 left I would have to make card payments.

Obamacare costs will increase the debt crisis according to the CBO.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:12 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
The video I keep posting will not illicit a single response from those opposed to the health bill. Living proof that much of the right has little to no regard for those who are in need of healthcare but cannot afford it. As it relates, the health care bill signed into law by Obama, and while not perfect, has for the first time since my wifes illness, allowed her to get a supplimental insurance policy in addition to her recently aquired medicare. Ask this family if we support universal healthcare!
A few years ago we led the world in Medicine and Education but now we score lower than most of Europe. Our Middle Class is shrinking but the list of BILLIONAIRES is at all time highs.

The Clinton surplus was squandered on BIG OIL and no one thinks BIG OIL will step in to rescue us from RECESSION. Those most in need of healthcare are targeted by Fox to believe Obama wants to kill their grandma and the lemmings dutifully believe it.
Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-antidoteup.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-0002.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-deathpanel.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-kill-grandma.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-killgrandmaj.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-trumpettes.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-duckies-talk-086sm.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-duckies-talk-456sm.jpg 

Will Obamacare Ration Healthcare?-eat-rich2_sm.jpg 

Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha yet more off-subject, irrelevant pictures from blucher. Always entertaining, though!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 06-17-2011, 03:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
watch out Jake, the Neocons want to give Hawaii to Kenya.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.