Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM  

Spokane, WA
World uprisings

Bahrain, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Algeria, Yemen. Geeze man, we are witnessing history in the making! It's crazy how movements like these can take off globally withing a matter of days.. It's also demonstrative of the power of human will.. I wonder if this will spread to Cuba, where the people REALLY need to rise up.. What do you guys think of all these uprisings? Good? Bad?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:28 PM  

Austin
It can only be good.

The nightmare in Bahrain is getting worse, they have started shooting protesters.

I've seen the footage, yet it has not made it the national circuit.

I wonder why not?

Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM  

Spokane, WA
For exactly the reason they are protesting no doubt.... Freedom of speech.. All these shake-ups may be good for citizens of these nations, but it could prove sticky for US Leaders who have come to rely on these people in power... We may be re-visiting our foreign policies in a big way soon!
Old 02-21-2011, 01:55 PM  

Austin
But what does it say when it's not on American TV but it's on the internet?

They are using clips from the shootings, but not talking about the shootings.

It's nuts we are being censored by our own media.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:31 PM  

Spokane, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
But what does it say when it's not on American TV but it's on the internet?

They are using clips from the shootings, but not talking about the shootings.

It's nuts we are being censored by our own media.
My guess is the reason they are not showing the footage is because it's not from an "official" news agency or bureau.. Even if we don't see actual news clips, the media IS reporting on whats been happening in those clips.. I am not convinced yet that we are being "censored"... But I wouldn't put it past old Uncle Sam...
Old 02-22-2011, 04:28 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
I certainly hope some moderate democratic society takes hold, the last thing we need is another iran, every society should understand the importance of seperation of church and state and complete freedom of and from religion.

I really think any country that does not allow free religion, free media, and uncensored internet access should be banned from the U.N. and have heavy trade tarrifs against them, period

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads