Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2010, 01:26 PM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Arrowheads

Do you hunt for arrowheads? Do you have them framed and displayed. Post a pic of your favorite find.

Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM  

Cody Wy, wyoming
I do in Wyoming, but I have only found a handful in many years. Lot's of chips and scrappers.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:49 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Where do you go to look for them? Mostly rivers/creeks/lakes?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 AM  

Genoa, Illinois
I live in Illinois and farmers find many of them when tilling their land. I found one once in my life. What a thrill that was for me.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:13 PM  

Cody Wy, wyoming
[QUOTE][Where do you go to look for them? Mostly rivers/creeks/lakes?
/QUOTE]

Here in Wyoming I have found them in all the above, except neat lakes. I have about 2 dozen, most found while hunting, and a few when I simply, out of bordum, went for afternoon walks. I look for abush points for game, near water, and have found several there. And many just right out in the open flats. I try to use the analogy, how many spent shell caseings have you found? And with those your looking at a mere 150 years of people using cased rifle rounds to hunt or shoot, I have found a few old, like 45-70's and 45-100's, . But if Native Americans have been hunting for 10,000 years like some claim, and they also missed, had battles, or the arrows fell out of wounded game, you can get an idea of how many might be around. At water holes, springs, i have found a few broken heads, and handfulls of chips, I think they were watering ponies and passed the time making arrow heads. just a theory of mine. I have found teepee rings, which were old camp sites and found scrapers and chips there.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:26 AM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
Remember, that lake, unless natually made, was not there several hundred to several thousands of years ago. Head waters of creeks are also good. Where ever they camped they left behind evidence, and all of them needed a supply of clean, water, even in the winter.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:54 PM  

Lincoln, NE
Has anyone had any luck around Lincoln, if so where? I think that it would be fun to search for them but do not know where to start.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Bookmark this Page!