Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2010, 06:03 AM  

Lodgepole, Nebraska
I heard a lot of people went to Old Lemoyne and did some treasure hunting
Surprising what all got left behind when they flooded that valley.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:13 AM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
So......what did they "unearth" there at Lemoyne?

And, who can post pictures of what Cedar View lake boat ramp now looks like?

Old 12-26-2010, 02:38 PM  

Hastings, Nebraska
I would love to see some pictures! My grandparents used to live just off the highway that runs north of the lake.. The last time I was up there was back in 93? i believe.. the lake was just starting to "dry up" back then. I would love to see some pictures from the 90's to present day to see how it has all changed.

I would also like to know if anyone knows if any of the marinas are for sale? That is my dream to own a business on a lake someday.

-MadMike74
Old 01-13-2011, 09:28 PM  

North Platte, Nebraska
I thought it may take a at least 10 yrs to fill and it did in just about 2. Hopefully with it freezing some of the trees will get uprooted that are under water now.
Ron
Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 AM  
Special Agent

Fennville, MI
Still hoping to see some pictures. Especially of around Otter Creek, Lemoyne, or at Cedar View.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:28 PM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
This is from 2007 and I think the lake dropped a couple more feet after this picture. If you look to the left you can see the mouth of Admirals Cove and the RR tracks in the back ground.

I don't really have any pictures of the foundations, but I do have this picture of where we walked out a couple hundred yards out and were still only waste deep.

There wasn't too much more lake to the west of the Cove, and pretty crazy to think the lake is supposed to be in the parking lots this summer.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:45 PM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
I thought it may take a at least 10 yrs to fill and it did in just about 2. Hopefully with it freezing some of the trees will get uprooted that are under water now.
Ron
Surprisingly, some of the trees were getting their roots washed out from under them as the water was rising. Here is a picture of the the first beach access at Sandy Beach. Notice the trees in the water that were laying down.

FYI- the lake rose another 2' from the time this picture was taken, and again, this summer is supposed to be full pool at 3265 which I hear is in the parking lots. It was around 3257-3258 during this picture.
Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 PM  

Lincoln, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
Still hoping to see some pictures. Especially of around Otter Creek, Lemoyne, or at Cedar View.
Admirals Cove end of July 2010

Standing towards the back of the bay looking out towards the main lake.

Old boat docks in the bay.

Looking out from in front of the store (which has been closed for a couple of years now)

Looking west from the main parking lot.

Sitting by the steep boat ramp looking into the bay.

Bay side boat ramp
Old 02-13-2011, 08:40 AM  

North Platte, Nebraska
Nice pics
Ron
Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM  

yeah the lake killed my hunting when the water came back up.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.