Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2011, 07:46 AM  

Marshall, Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbs View Post
They have a nice little zoo right there in Scottsbluff. I used to live in Gering some years ago when I worked for Lockwood Corp.
Yep. Took my family and grandkids there a couple years ago. The Bengal Tiger there was big and in a surly mood on a very hot day. My son-in-law was holding his oldest son and "growled" at the tiger. The tiger didn't like it so turned and in full run hit the fence high growling the whole way. Fence was well built, but it scared my son-in-law and my grandson quite a bit. I saw the whole thing unfold. I never knew a 800 pound tiger could react and move that fast. My family does not growl at animals anymore.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:49 AM  

Marshall, Michigan
Quote:
They have a nice little zoo right there in Scottsbluff. I used to live in Gering some years ago when I worked for Lockwood Corp.
By the way, I lived on a farm about 6 miles southwest of Gering. My grandparents and extended family lived in Gering. I moved away to go to college in 68 then came back periodically. We still have the farm.
You probably worked with a couple good friends of mine. One was Steve Schleicher who did some engineering and some service work. He now lives in the Ft. Collins area.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:51 AM  

Marshall, Michigan
Quote:
When Cabela's put in a store in Michigan, at Dundee, it became the #1 tourist spot in Michigan. More people visit that store than anyplace else in Michigan.
Very true. However I must admit that I have spent a fair amount of money in hunting and camping gear there and the two western ones in Nebraska over that last few years.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:13 AM  

Lester Larson Nebraska tractor test lab museum in Lincoln.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:15 AM  

Arbor Day Lodge and tour - Nebraska City.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM  

hmmmmm It's the best way to get to Colorado from Iowa

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads