Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM  

Runza lovers unite!

I'm sure most everyone here knows all about one of man's tastiest creations this side of the Mississippi - The Runza. That wonderful combination of peppered burger meat and pungent cabbage mixture stuffed inside of a warm inviting bread pocket. I have been gone now going on 14 years and I still drool just a little when I think of them.

So, here's an ode to the Runza. And I was hoping this would be the one place to share some family recipes that are tried and true. I have tried to recreate them and they have been good, but I still feel like I'm missing something.

Cheers

David

Old 03-19-2011, 08:34 PM  

Anybody????

Old 03-19-2011, 08:38 PM  

What side of the Mississippi are you referring to? I've never heard of it but based on your description, it sounds like a sauerkraut burger in pita bread. I could go for that!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:02 AM  
Moderated

OMAHA, NEBRASKA
Runzas are quite the tasty creation.
The wife has made them before at home and are pretty comparable to the real thing.
Will have to see if she has the recipe handy.
(just realized I am about to consider trading recipes on the internet-need a beer now)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nebraska
Bookmark this Page!